eCommerce Operations Manager
New York, NY 10017
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day relationship with existing eCommerce platforms, digital agency partners and other technology, operations and third-party application vendors to deliver on-time and on-budget solutions.
- Manage all front-end and back-end website roadmap, development and enhancements and optimizations across all The Company web properties including SEO initiatives.
- Analyze the eCommerce business, as well as the competitive environment, to identify site experience and customer experience improvements that will drive incremental business.
- Manage functional and UX requirements for all interactive builds with developers, keeping in mind SEO best practices.
- Optimize all back-end processes as it relates to sales, returns, refund processing and fraud prevention across the direct businesses.
- Regularly report on and analyze ecommerce KPI performance metrics and turn analysis into actionable insights and growth strategies for the team.
- Monitor technical operational KPIs such as site performance, integrations, deployment SLAs etc.
- Develop and present regular competitive analysis and audits of eCommerce UX best practices and convert analysis into ground breaking insights and new ideas for the team.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in all-relevant aspects of digital technology and understand the ROI, cost implication and implementation strategy before proposing solutions.
Key Elements for Success
- 5+ years of experience with eCommerce/digital projects and the delivery of solutions with both creative and technical components.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and actively with marketing and development teams.
- Achievement of eCommerce sales and KPI objectives.
- Strong understanding of Magento and Shopify Plus in addition to third-party digital marketing applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical/vendor management skills.
- Leadership/team management skills.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational and project management skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!