New York, NY 10017
The eCommerce Manager for The Brand will work with the team to drive growth and manage all aspects of the Brand’ s dot.com website. This position will be focused on developing strategies to drive revenue and optimize customer experience through data-driven analysis. Position will report into the Director of eCommerce Merchandising.
- Develop operational eCommerce strategies and execute on all initiatives. These include short and long-term objectives, customer metrics and overall performance.
- Leverage data to identify, analyze and report on trends and patterns and leverage this data to optimize the website.
- Lead, manage and execute tasks required to maintain the site including promotions, site content updates, merchandising, product setup and A/B testing. Ensuring that functionality meets and exceeds company expectations.
- Review the site daily with a customer-first mindset; reacting to current business and trends to drive conversion using Google Analytics metrics and inventory reports.
- Partner with internal teams to understand product, key business objectives, and marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate issues and effectively communicate technical and non-technical solutions to peers and customers in a timely manner.
- Conduct final user testing and quality assurance processes. Collaborate and lead to ensure promotions, site enhancements, content are properly setup, scheduled, and QA’ ed on site prior to launch.
- Monitor for site bugs and work with IT and project manager for resolution (including ticket logging, testing, communication of fixes)
- Ensure all aspects of site merchandising are on brand, employ best practices and hit defined KPIs.
- Work with Digital Marketing to provide linking strategies that provide the fast path to product and conversion.
- Communication liaison to Operations, Sales, and Customer Service teams with regards to site, product, promotion updates.
- Conduct ongoing competitive and benchmark analysis. Monitor industry benchmarks, trends and best practices.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience in Digital eCommerce, eCommerce Merchandising or related field with 5+ years of experience in eCommerce.
- Experience with site merchandising and strong analytical skills with the ability to drive actionable insights from data is a must.
- MS Office Software proficiency; Highly proficient in Excel with strong analytical skills to inform digital growth & conversion strategies.
- System experience preferred: Kibo Commerce, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, JIRA, HubSpot, Salsify
- Strong eCommerce acumen and ability to educate customers about eCommerce opportunity.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to execute timelines.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and market conditions.
- High aptitude for learning new technologies and ability to understand system dependencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of web technologies, browsers, analytics, reporting and content management systems and processes.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and show constant entrepreneurial initiative.
- Proactive, creative problem solver.
• Reports to Director of eCommerce Merchandising
• No Direct Reports
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!