Web Systems Administrator
6 Neshaminy Interplex Dr Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053 | Contract To Hire
we are increasing our focus strategically on web and digital technologies. To support this strategic objective, we have created the position of Web Systems Administrator. The Web Systems Administrator will report to the Manager, Systems Administration and will be responsible for the administration and support of alphabroder’ s web systems. The ideal candidate will come from a strong dot-com / digital environment. While this role is focused primarily on the company’ s web environment, this position will also be required to perform standard Windows server administration tasks.
- Approximately 50/50 split between Web and general Windows systems administration
- Perform administration of Microsoft IIS servers
- Perform administration of Apache on Unix. AIX experience a plus
- Installation and support for PHP, CGI, ASP, and Java applications
- Perform web log management and analysis
- Support customer integration processes using FTP, cURL, HTTPS, etc.
- Administration of SSL certificates
- Employ web security best practices, e.g., encryption, DDoS mitigation, WAF, etc.
- Work with web development team on code deployments, web configs, and issue resolution
- Perform website usage and performance monitoring and analysis
- Perform Windows server administration
- Active Directory user administration
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Familiarity working with VMWare
- Provide day-to-day support of the alphabroder data center and networking environments
- Monitor systems health to ensure the availability of all systems and network components
- Perform system diagnostics to remediate detected and/or reported incidents.
- Perform scheduled network configuration changes (software & hardware).
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience administering Microsoft IIS
- Experience administering Apache on Unix
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2012/2008 (MCP a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory
- Familiar with HTML, FTP, and DNS
- Understanding of HTTP and HTTPS
- CDN experience, e.g, Akamai or Instart Logic
- API gateway experience, e.g., Apigee
- Unix shell and/or Windows PowerShell scripting experience is a plus
- Experience with Progress WebSpeed is a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare
- Experience working with web load balancers
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!