VP Data Analytics & Insights
1001 Frontier Rd. Piscataway, NJ 08854
The Vice-President of Data Analytics & Insights will be responsible for developing technical architecture, design and implementation of data and analytics platforms to empower data science, business reporting and business analysis teams with the tools to drive predictive and advanced data-driven insights for continuously informed decision-making.
In this role, s/he sets the technology strategy and vision for an approach to transformative data opportunities. The individual selected will direct technology approach to solving their business data-driven analytics and reporting needs. S/he will set the vision and quality bar of its output, and represent it in all its forms internally and externally. S/he ensures that a data-driven culture is integrated and evolved within the fabric of offerings.
This is a pivotal role that partners with other technology and business leaders at the company, as s/he defines and evolves the supporting technology architecture, while sourcing, leading, and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact data analytics capabilities for the company.
We seek a results driven leader who is passionate about applying program leadership, organizational discipline and technology to transform the retail apparel industry. The Vice-President, Data Analytics & Insights is a senior leader within the company who will own the strategic portfolio, oversee its governance, sponsor technical development, manage dedicated staff and invite adoption through cross-functional teams. The successful candidate will have proven experience in driving transformational change, global scale and positioning the firm to incorporate emerging technologies around the use of big data and analytics. The role requires a strong ability to build a network and influence senior, cross-functional leaders to resolve issues that may arise to deliver a consistently high service to our data consumers. S/he will also have a strong understanding of the latest trends and how to incorporate relevant emerging technologies while maintaining daily operations.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- This role is the innovation thought leader in the data analytics and insights solutions space for the enterprise. Understand and predict emerging technology, service and functionality trends as well as comprehend market adoption of emerging service and business models.
- Architect, design and build scalable infrastructure and platforms to ingest, store and process very large amounts of data (structured, semi-structured and unstructured)
- Drive data analytics solutions and recommend industry standards and best practices data lake management, across cloud, on-premise or hybrid architectures.
- Build best in class ETL based solutions for effective ingestion and transformation of data
- Partner with Data science, business intelligence reporting and business analysis team leaders to adopt best practices for data and advanced analytics use cases
- Act as trusted advisor to business units and 3rd party partners on all matters of data analytics architecture, technology, software development, and project delivery.
- The Vice-President is responsible to understand and set direction regarding the strategic position of their application(s), including ensuring the company has the required expertise in-house or external, to support it.
- The Vice-President will work closely with other groups to coordinate strategies, priorities and inter-dependent initiatives. This includes coordination with the other Application Development groups, Infrastructure groups (eg., Ops, Network, Tech), Information Security/Audit areas, and business units globally.
- The Vice-President is responsible for understanding the potential use of new technologies in their area as driven by the company initiatives, vendor capabilities or industry best practices & trends, and informing his peers as necessary.
- Work with the various consumers of the data lake on effective end user solutions driven by business needs and requirements
- Attract and retain data and analytics engineering talent for the the company Technology & Process Group
- The Vice-President is expected to enforce PMO compliance & adoption within their respective teams.
- The position will be based out of our New Jersey office, with travel to all the company offices globally, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years or more experience, in data and analytics system architecture, engineering and implementation
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills and sophisticated communication skills across different audiences and seniority levels
- Excellent time and project management skills, across multiple concurrent initiatives
- Experience leading engineering teams to deliver, deploy and maintain operational (SQL and NoSQL) databases and data stores, data warehouses, reporting systems, and advanced analytics platforms, tools and technologies
- Broad understanding of multiple technologies – These include;
- NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase)
- DBMS (SQL Server, Oracle)
- ETL (Informatica, Talend)
- Reporting (Tableau, Business Objects)
- Hadoop framework, with distributed file systems (e.g., Mapr, Cloudera)
- Analytical techniques and software such as R, Python, H2O, etc.
- Strong track record of delivery – on time and on budget
- Possesses comprehensive business & technical knowledge, and the organizational skills to oversee highly complex projects with high visibility / high impact on the business.
- Proven experience in developing, presenting and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under tight time constraints within a global scope.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, thoroughness and quality towards assigned tasks/goals
- Demonstrated ability of working with and integrating multiple internal and/or external teams including outside technology and consulting agencies.
- Experience in system design as well as providing guidance on all aspects of SDLC, project management and Change Management across methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrate excellence in analytical and communication skills, as well as influencing broad technical discussions and decisions.
- Uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
- Expertise in designing and building applications for scalability and redundancy and with global considerations and scalability in mind.
Education: Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields
- Strong presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills within all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge with Big Data, Hadoop / Data Lake frameworks and related technologies
- Strong knowledge of big data technologies and tools including:
- Data Ingestion/Mapping, Data Virtualization, Data Wrangling, Data Streaming
- Data Visualization, Reporting & Dashboards
- AI / Machine Learning & Predictive Tools
- Logical and thoughtful in approach and influential in presenting solution options
- Good written and verbal/non-verbal communication skills with internal and external business partners
- Excellent problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving issues or concerns before they occur or become critical
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, shifting priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously towards agreed upon goals and target dates
- Strong knowledge of data architecture and master data management
- Anticipates, identifies & escalates issues that may prevent deliverables or introduce risk; enforces root-cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and practices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!