VMWARE Server Administrator
777 Third Avenue (Corner of 49th St.) NY, NY 10017 | Direct Hire
VMWARE Server Administrator
Administer a Vmware environment of apx 500 virtual servers on 40 hosts. Collaborate with IT applications analyst to assist them with virtual servers pertaining to corporate and clinical applications.
- Primary responsibilities provide VMware and Windows Server Administration
- Including design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting & optimization.
- Strong knowledge of VMware environment including vCenter, vSphere & ESX 5.5 / 6.0
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server version 2012R2
- Proven track record with support of Active Directory environment
- Microsoft Active Directory and design
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft 2012 server operating systems
- Including MS BackOffice applications
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Self-starter that can work in a team environment.
- Familiarity of networking topologies & design
- Experience with Security Design & Implementation
- Responsible for server health reporting and monitoring
- Monitoring system capacity utilization, evaluating trends and planning future needs
- Active participation in a 24X7 on call rotation and occasional work outside normal business hours
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles
- Must have a team oriented philosophy in accomplishing departmental goals
- Evaluating, developing, and implementing hardware and software solutions to ensure data and system integrity
- Review and deploy service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches
- Exchange 2010/2013 Administration and support including web access and Mobile devices
- Familiar with Federated Services
- Build and maintain HP Proliant & Blade Servers
- Server clustering and HA strategies
- 3-5 Years as a Senior Server Administrator
- 5 years of Microsoft Server OS experience
- 5 years VMware experience
- Microsoft and VMware certification is preferred
- Bachelor' s degree Required
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!