Union, NJ 07083
The Unix Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the computing platform Unix/AIX servers and infrastructure systems. The Unix Administrator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following technical areas: Server maintenance, system upgrades and procurement, Security patching and remediation, troubleshooting, OS installation and maintenance, and server hardening.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in AIX environment is required.
• Three to five years of previous systems administration experience on multiple hardware platforms and operating systems in a large environment (at least 500+ servers). IBM/AIX or related certifications a plus.
• Knowledge of Linux, Solaris and HP-UX is highly desirable. General operational knowledge of VmWare is preferred
• 3+ years administrative experience in Linux (Redhat 6+, AIX, Solaris)
• Including patching, installing software, managing disk space, managing processes
• Support production, test and development hardware platforms by monitoring for issues, troubleshooting issues, and fulfilling end user requests
• Setup installation of monitoring and security products. OS hardening
• Perform patch management and system upgrades
• Monitor and identify performance and security issues and escalate or resolve
• Install and configure new equipment, break / fix maintenance on equipment, participate in data center moves of equipment, inventory, asset management and configuration management
• Experience with DevOps environments
• 1+ years administrative experience with RedHat Satellite 6 and patching RHEL
• 1+ years experience working with VMWare Infrastructure 5.x+
• RHCT/RHCE, Linux, or IBM AIX certifications are a plus.
• Primary Administer of various AIX environment
• Secondary Administrator of Oracle Enterprise Linux servers in the environment
• Build and deploy new virtual and physical servers
• Supports RedHat Satellite 6 and the patching process of all the RHEL systems.
• Watch ticket queues and handle assigned issues
• Ensure all Unix/Linux based servers are adhering to change control and are audited
• Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot problem reports
• Maintain documentation for both daily operations and Disaster Recovery
• Assist with security architecture and monitoring as it pertains to Linux/AIX
• On call 24/7 x 365 for emergencies
• Other duties as assigned
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.