UX Front End Developer - contract
700 Liberty Ave Union, NJ 07083 | Contract
This is a contract role. Duration is 3-5 months. My clients User Experience Team is in charge of designing great customer experiences across our digital channels By focusing on the customer first and creating an environment that stresses entrepreneurship, ownership and innovation, the team creates engaging experiences that build customer loyalty and drive revenue growth.
We’ re looking for a front-end developer contractor to work with on our Ecommerce site. This role works hand-in-hand with the designers to translate the layered Photoshop/Sketch files into the appropriate experience using HTML5/CSS3/JS/React/PHP.
This is a production role that also crosses into the A/B Testing side of our business, and focuses on accuracy, speed, cross-browser compatibility and efficiency. However, this role partners with design and business functions and is the “ grease” between the wheels: you co-own the product with your partners, advise on technical issues, and you find solutions to technical and usability challenges.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop prototypes based off wireframes in order to work through any design/development experience issues
- Develop production ready code based on the approved PSD/Sketch files with the ability to slice and optimize
- Help diagnose/fix frontend issues as they arise
- Use, and continually keep on top of, best practices for compatibility, usability, & accessibility
- Collaborate with designers and business owners to deliver best possible user experience
- Review design in progress with an eye toward production as well as usability/accessibility
- Prioritize your time effectively in order to meet project deadline
2+ years experience in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience translating a layered PSD/Sketch file into optimized image assets and browser-safe CSS and HTML
- Experience working and developing for a CMS (Wordpress, Drupal, etc.) and templated websites
- Well versed with browser and email-client idiosyncrasies and limitations
- Knowledge of how to effectively code to WCAG 2.0 & Section 508 compliance
- A/B Testing experience is a plus
- Good visual design and UX understanding
- Self-directed, works effectively with minimal supervision
- Handles short time frames well and delivers on time – without mistakes
- Excellent contributor who is adept at working with cross-functional teams
- Exemplary work ethic, a sense of humor
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.