Union, NJ 07083
Client is looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will join a team of talented IT Engineers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
• Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
• Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
• Organize and write supporting documents for products
• Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
• Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
• Standardize content across platforms and media
• Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
• Revise documents as new issues arise
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
• Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
• Excellent written skills in English
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.