Technical Services Analyst I (Workstation Infrastructure)
1372 Broadway 15th Floor NY, NY 10018 | Direct Hire
Technical Services Analyst I (Workstation Infrastructure)
Department # - Name
Position Reports to
Sr. IT Manager
Summarize overall purpose of the position.
The Technical Services Analyst I for Workstation Infrastructure provides Tier 3 technical support to system users and desktop support staff. Responsible for project assignments, remediation of problems of a moderate scope with minimal instruction from project or department leadership. Areas of focus include technical operations, trouble-shooting and service management. Must recognize the importance of service integration, and relationship management.
This role is also responsible for evaluating, scheduling, driving, and communicating production change for any events which may have direct or indirect impact to user workstations; including but not limited to patching activities, antivirus updates, Active Directory maintenance, and various project efforts such as the deployment of new software packages, replacement of supporting back-office hardware, and broad level configuration changes.
List the core duties or tasks that are fundamental to the performance of the job. Define purpose, function and the result to be accomplished. Also, focus on frequency, time spent, etc. List in order of importance.
- A point of contact for projects related to desktop services.
- Ability to capture real-time triggers from the production environment and resolve issues or facilitate responsive actions to ensure service level performance.
- Respond to customer and leadership requests regarding project status.
- Resolve and analyzes complex (Tier 3) issues and identify root causes of problems. Makes recommendations for resolution.
- Primary responder for issues or request submitted by senior leadership.
- Monitor and track production related matters and trends, through custom reporting and dashboards and provides recommendations.
- Verify performance metrics against stated SLAs. Define and recommend potential service improvement opportunities
- Ensure that tickets are addressed to agreed SLA’ s and follow up with the TSC’ s on issues that they are working on.
- Identify, log, categorize and resolve incidents and the root causes of the problems and makes recommendations.
- Develop standard operating procedures for training purposes, standardizing adoption of support and ensure adoption of processes.
- Take appropriate action to address complex conditions related to the specific areas of focus, and support IT personnel with issues that are unique to the IT environment.
- Troubleshooting technical issues by researching and/or collaborating with other team members to provide the client with excellent customer service
List 4-8 competencies for the position.
- Communications: includes Written and Informing
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Learning on the Fly
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
List Education level, Years of Experience, Technical Knowledge, and/or Certifications required for the position.
- 4-6 years of experience in the IT field or equivalent work experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Microsoft Certifications in workstation and server management are preferred
- Strong knowledge of standard protocols, scripting, and Windows services
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, and MDT
- Proficient in ITCM and SCCM for hardware management and software deployment
- Experience with security permissions, antivirus agents, and encryption technologies
- Ability to recognize the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice
- Able to accomplish results through a team effort
- Ability to follow general instructions on routine work
- Ability to exercise judgment within established practices, policies and procedures to determine appropriate action
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships
- Strong communication skills and ability to document standard processes
- Strong command of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
Please include any additional physical requirements below the standard requirements (including any travel, lifting, pushing, or pulling)
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!