Technical Projects Manager
1 East 57th Street New York, NY 10022
The Information Technology Team, part of the Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) department is responsible for all IT activities, including projects and support for 150 retail locations, 3 distribution centers, 3 manufacturing sites, the customer service center and corporate offices across North America.
The Technical Projects Manager is responsible for leading, overseeing the planning and implementation of an entire project through budgeting, sourcing suppliers and planning the project release. Project geographical scope are regional (North America) but can be enlarged to international
The Technical Projects Manager works closely with key Technical Service Management team and the Service Desk/Site Operations Manager to organize and execute smooth transitions during go-live phase between Business Solutions, Project & Operation teams.
In addition, and by leveraging their knowledge & expertise, the Technical Projects Manager challenges, evaluates & actively participates in the design & implementation of technical solutions.
The Technical Projects Leader must have a proactive stance towards supporting the organization’ s infrastructures & be capable of managing and delivering projects with little supervision
Project Scope The scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Customer service & contact center solutions (Genesys)
- Local and wide area data networks (Meraki)
- Remote access and VPN solutions (Meraki, Pulse)
- Collaborative solutions such as Messaging systems, Web conferencing, Shares (O365, Teams, Zoom, SharePoint)
- Apply IS Project Promise methodology to every project. Project deliverables and phases to be adapted according project scope & complexity.
- Project budgets are prepared, presented and followed in order to ensure committed expenses do not stick out of approved budgets.
- Weekly detailed report to be sent to IS management team and whom it may concerned in IS departments.
- Executive project overview to be presented on a weekly and or monthly basis during Monthly IT Project review.
Project handover to Operations
- Hand over phase to Operation teams (Service Management & Service Desk) are organized and executed by Technical Project Leaders.
- Incidents & Problems are followed by Technical Project Manager after go-live during a pre-determined period to maintain smooth transition for Operation teams.
- Perform problem management through the root cause analysis of recurring or significant incidents and propose the appropriate technical actions to ensure effective and permanent resolution during handover periods.
- Work with vendor to get appropriate level of expertise if in-house expertise is missing.
- Work with vendor in case external resources are required to deploy.
- Specify scope of work, negotiate prices.
- Develops and maintain conjointly with other regions global standards (Application, Wan, Lan, Wi-Fi WLAN, IPT, Genesys, Meraki Security)
- Focus on security in every IT standard.
- Perform audit to evaluate level of compliancy maintained by Operations teams & Vendors.
Protecting the Brand (Security)
- In a continuous effort to be PCI compliant, consider PCI controls in every IT projects to set up appropriate level of security on network & telecom infrastructures.
- Based on security audit performed, adjust IT standards to encompass all security breach identified.
- Collaborate closely with Technical Service Management & Service Desk teams to hand-over successfully support operations
- Collaborate closely with other geographical regions (Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan & Latin America) to share standards
- Share & communicate Best Practices & achievements through our Social Network portal
- Demonstrated competencies in IT Project Management in the Network & Telecom domain
- Process oriented with proven experience in ITIL incident, problem and change management best practices
- Demonstrated competencies in budget management & reporting skills
Professional Experience & Education
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in IT Project Management
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Information Systems related field preferred
- Retail experience (store, workshop, warehouse); preferably multi-national organizations
- Vendor and Project management (Agile, SCRUM)
- Collaboration and communication with multiple vendors, international partners
- Meticulous Organized (methodology)4
- Customer & relationship focused
- Widely trusted
- Ability to assess priorities & can effectively cope with change
- Good problem-solving skills
Critical technical skillsets and experience:
- Networking (MWAN, Broadband, VPN, Wi-Fi), Telephony (Cisco Call Manager/Genesys,), Infrastructures (datacenters, telco nodes), and Contact Center
- SaaS and Cloud applications (O365, Salesforce)
Potential off-hours work for IT operations and change implementation.
10-20% travel within North America/1 to 2 travels outside North America
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!