Technical Lead Integration
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Technical Lead will recommend technical approach and ensure all technology solutions align with IT technical strategy and overall IT architecture road map while adhering to organization standards. Contributes as a core team member to multiple complex IT projects in full-cycle integration platform activities including design, development, integration, testing and troubleshooting.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Recommend technical approach in implementing integrations
- Develop and modify complex integrations through analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation using disciplined software development processes
- Develop standards, guidelines for the integration development to have a consistent processes
- Translate business and technical requirements into integration implementation. Provide technical guidance during requirements and design phase of the projects
- Recommend the right integration architecture design, focusing on end-to-end business transactions across multiple systems and ensuring accuracy of data, security, visibility, scalability and performance.
- Conduct extensive testing and verification of test results during integration testing with other systems; troubleshoot system errors and serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex errors.
- Develop new solutions and evaluate alternatives against decision criteria. Provide support in evaluation of system security methodologies
- Identify appropriate integration patterns to use with project teams and design, develop those components and guide project teams through implementation.
- Work closely with project teams in defining technical aspects of integration and incorporate the established integration testing processes.
- Document test plans, technical and functional specifications.
- Administer one or more integration platform(s), monitor, secure REST/SOAP services, and manage API traffic flow, etc.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in order to proactively identify areas for growth, improvement, and development with the capability to implement industry best practices in systems’ reliability, stability, scalability, performance and security.
- Mentor developers on patterns, standards, framework components and best use of integration technologies
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Overall 10 years of integration experience with minimum 4 years experience in Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), API Management, and/or Queue/Messaging/Streaming.
- Min 2 years experience in developing integrations using MuleSoft Anypoint
Bachelor’ s degree in programming, systems or computer science.
Strong hands-on experience in developing integration APIs, near-real/real time integration, message or broker
- Strong experience in developing integrations in Java/J2EE technologies such as JMS, JDBC, EJB, Hibernate/JPA, etc.
- Expert level skills in developing messaging solutions, data transformation, and technical orchestration
- Expertise in designing, developing and testing REST/JSON API services, SOAP/WSDL web services, XSL/XSLT, SAML, and OAUTH
- Strong experience in mentoring developers on the technical skills
- Strong experience in developing guidelines, standards, exception/error management, logging, performance and security
- Strong experience in designing and architecting integration solutions through patterns and frameworks
- Experience in administration and monitoring, securing REST/SOAP services, building swagger specs, and managing API traffic flow
- Experience with RDBMS, No SQL databases and writing SQL queries
- Strong experience in implementing On Premise, Cloud, and Hybrid integrations
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of information systems and architecture standards with expertise in multiple programming languages, integration platforms, systems designs, and project management methodologies.
- Understanding of Microservices architecture design and implementation
- Strong experience with agile projects, DevOps, CI/CD, and scripting
- Demonstrate broad knowledge in business concepts, processes, and functional IT strategy.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization; strong customer focus, quality, and results orientation.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas, comprehend written and verbal communications, and possess good presentation skills.
Hands-on experience with Kafka, Mulesoft AMQ, and/or IBM/TIBCO/WebMethods MQ is a plus
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!