Technical Architect, Marketing Platforms
Ny, NY 10001
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technical Architect – Marketing Platforms will play a key role in defining the next generation marketing technology capabilities and will lead key initiatives from a technology standpoint. Will work effectively with internal and external cross-functional stakeholders to understand business needs, solve problems, drive product development and deploy new solutions from the front lines. The technical architect will be accountable for architecting flexible, robust and high quality solutions and driving engineering teams to adopt best practices.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
- Work closely with marketing teams across brands, provide thought leadership on marketing technology and become a trusted partner in technology decisions
- Create and iterate on an architectural roadmap for marketing platforms in support of business goals and needs
- Provide technical leadership to marketing technology projects
- Take accountability for architecture and quality of platforms and integrations
- Understand business needs, goals and KPIs; work with cross functional teams to translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Assist the engineering team in hands-on development of platforms and integrations as needed
- Define code review, unit testing and other code quality standards and drive adoption of those standards
- Establish CI/CD and DevOps processes and partner with product managers in driving agile project execution
- Partner with product managers in work prioritization and planning
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint demos and retrospectives
- Assist in establishing support processes as new platforms go-live and evolve the processes to be nimble and responsive to changing business needs
- Stay current on emerging technologies and conduct independent research to support business needs and requirements
- Conduct proof of concepts to prove new technologies in support of architecture vision and guiding principles
- Drive or participate in technology vendor discussions, evaluations, and selections
- 10 years of related software development experience including solution or technical architecture experience in a dynamic enterprise environment
- Experience architecting and building scalable and high-performing marketing platforms or digital products
- 3+ years of experience with marketing technology platforms – CRM, Campaign Management, DMP etc.
- Extensively worked with cloud based solutions and SaaS platforms; experience architecting and implementing solutions in one or more of the cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Worked in an agile product environment and helped define engineering best practices including adoption of DevOps principles
- Worked closely with business stakeholders in Marketing and (or) Media functions
- Experience playing a technical leadership role in data driven marketing transformation or digital transformation programs is a plus
- Experience with big data and customer data management solutions is a plus
- Retail or CPG industry experience is a plus
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!