195 Broadway New York, NY 10007
Systems Analyst to work on the Solutions Management Team in the IT Department. The main responsibility of the analyst is to understand and analyze existing applications and processes in the IT landscape to provide functional and technical specifications to Development. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with the business to identify system requirements that meet the business need.
- Define application change requests by working with business users to evaluate the business process and related application functionality
- Develop and deliver detailed functional specifications to internal and external developers
- Work independently and as part of a team on small, medium and large projects
- Work directly with Developers to confirm specifications are clear and actionable
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings to assess progress on tasks and contribute to the identification of required work packages for development cycles
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Solutions Managers and Developers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between scope, timing, usability and functional needs
- Work with the business, internal analysts and technicians to identify solutions that help shape the product roadmap
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to an overall understanding, and distinguish user requests from the true underlying need
- Validate results by confirming expected results of application functions and system output
- Create written documentation per IT project standards that serves a reference to the scope of the project, functional requirements, and targeted outcomes
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Provide regular status updates on progress to department managers, highlighting areas where the requirements gathering process to produce the specification will take longer than expected, or where dependencies exist that may not be evident to other project team members
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate those needs into functional requirements
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interact professionally with senior managers and subject matter experts
- 3-5 years as a functional analyst in Information Technology
- 3-5 years of related experience in media or publishing is a plus
- Strong multi-tasking skills are required
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Microsoft SQL Server skills (Transact SQL) is a plus
- JIRA and Confluence skills are a plus
Recruiting Dir., Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry
Tara joined the Connors Group team in 2018 as Recruiting Director, Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry Specialist. She believes clients value a recruiter who is curious, fast, efficient, honest and a brand ambassador. They want to ensure that the candidate they are getting is the right fit for their brand or business. Because Tara has been in retail in many different roles for 26 years, she offers the ability to anticipate the questions a candidate may ask, so that she can interview like a subject matter expert. As the candidate's very first interaction with the company, it is critical to represent the brand and company in the best way possible. Tara knows candidates value a recruiter who is friendly, honest, has exceptional follow-up skills and gives sound career advise. She understands the ins and outs on how to run a business from both a sales perspective and operational perspective. Knowledge of the roles she recruits for allows her to quickly assess if someone is right and ready for the role. And because she has also been the "candidate," Tara appreciates the importance of follow-up. There is nothing worse than experiencing radio silence after you've gone through the interview process. Good news or bad news, she won't leave you guessing.
Tara is most proud of her legacy of talent, possessing the ability to identify, select and retain top professionals. She has developed and coached individuals on a consistent basis, and nothing gives her greater satisfaction than watching teams succeed and move on to bigger and better things! She is also proud of the fact that she opened 17 stores with e.l.f. Cosmetics in a year and half. In her over two years with e.l.f. she helped create and structure how the stores run today, from both a service and staffing perspective, to the operational way in which they function. Really having to become a jack of all trades; she is very proud of what was accomplished there.
A career goal is to be seen as an HR expert in the recruiting field. Tara wants to leverage her experience in running stores, HR and Learning & Development to reach a broader scope of candidates. Her desire is to build trust with the hiring managers and HR so that they think of our company first before going to any other recruiting firm. In speaking to some fun facts, when not at work, she likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible; and loves to run, bike, hike and ski. A Long Island resident, Tara is a lacrosse mom and can be found on the field every weekend cheering on her 3 kids. Her husband is a Battalion Chief for the FDNY in the Bronx. Tara also loves sitting on the beach while reading a good book!