195 Broadway New York, NY 10007
looking for a Systems Analyst to work on the Solutions Management Team in the IT Department. The main responsibility of the analyst is to review and document application functionality and processes in the IT environment to provide functional specifications to Development. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with business users to identify system solutions that meet the business need. The position will report into the Senior Manager, Solutions.
- Define application change requests by evaluating existing business processes and corresponding application functionality
- Develop detailed, actionable functional specifications for internal and external developers
- Work independently and as part of a team on small, medium and large projects
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand program priorities and vision in order to translate requirements into a product roadmap
- Partner closely with solutions managers to break down the roadmap into features and user stories
- Provide forward thinking, intuitive and innovative solutions that aid in building an exceptional user experience
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings to assess progress on tasks and contribute to the identification of required work packages for development cycles
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Solutions Managers and Developers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between scope, timing, usability and functional needs
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to an overall understanding, and distinguish user requests from the true underlying need
- Validate requirements by performing system tests to confirm expected results of application functions and system outputs
- Create written documentation per IT project standards that serves as a reference to the scope of the project, functional requirements, and targeted outcomes
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Provide regular status updates to managers ensuring all risks are reviewed, action plans are developed to mitigate those risks, and dependencies to project schedules are identified
- 2-4 years as a functional analyst in Information Technology.
- 2-4 years of related experience in media or publishing is a plus.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate those needs into functional requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interact professionally with senior managers and subject matter experts.
- Independent and self-motivated, capable of executing under uncertainty with multiple priorities, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Microsoft SQL Server skills (Transact SQL) is a plus.
- JIRA and Confluence skills are a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter
Dynamic and results-oriented, Nyree has a proven track record in technical recruiting. She possess a strong understanding of technical requirements; exceptional ability to source passive candidates as well as effectively assess suitability for opportunities on hand. Along with being resourceful and solutions-focused, Nyree’s innate ability to build fruitful relationships has brought her success across many industries.