Cumberland Center, 3100 Cumberland Boulevard Suite 600 Atlanta, GA 30339
Newly created position!
You will join a thriving and environmentally conscious company to manage the continuous improvements of core infrastructure for multiple business units.
This role will gain the alignment of the technology needed to enable Digital Transformation through top-tier infrastructure management, design and support services. This includes leading and coordinating the transformation of how to adopt new business technologies with the proper balance of risk mitigation. There will be an emphasis on migrating applications to the Cloud. The role will manage/oversee the design, deployment and coordination of critical infrastructure support activities needed for the business units application solutions.
The Systems Architect will provide the technical expertise to enable: 1. Public, private and hybrid clouds; 2. On-premise and hosted applications; and 3. Infrastructure, incl. networking solutions.
The right candidate will bring Leadership, demonstrated functional excellence and, the ability to work effectively to bridge with our Client' s Applications Team and their Corporate Infrastructure Team.
The Systems Architect will also coordinate solutions with the Corporate Network and Security Team to ensure proper capabilities are adopted while protecting the company systems from
Understand, design and build network, data centers and service delivery models to help Business Units supporting critical business systems for growth and operational excellence.
- Server and Storage Architecture
- Cloud or Hosted Services
- Platform Management
- Responsible for complete infrastructure design, system analysis, security, network and voice communication for all business units IT Applications Solutions.
- Act as expert for Business Units to plan, design, deliver and maintain IT solutions
- Advise team of IT technology standards, requirements, methods and processes availability to enable solutions.
- Ensure alignment of application and infrastructure portfolios
- Drive short term and long-term architecture for IT portfolio aligning key business strategies
- Participate in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction.
- Communicate and validate program architecture with Corporate Infrastructure Team, project managers and support organization
- Conduct end to end technical plan designs
- Define long term strategy and data retention and archive plans for storage needs.
- Develop standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing solutions to support new solutions.
- Provide support for incidents and problems related to infrastructure failures.
- Develop project plans including time and resource requirements
- Coordinate Firewall requests and configuration changes
- Analyze and apply for security or software usage exceptions with the proper mitigation plans
- Ensure proper change management practices are in place through appropriate testing of modifications.
The major challenge of this person’ s role will be to develop functional requirements while partnering with their business units’ partners. Then - translate, configure and enable those requirements into business solutions that meet the needs of the business units partners and Corporate Infrastructure, Network and Security.
This resource is expected to have the skills and or ability to leverage the other members on his/her functional team to both support the current platform as well to expand/mentor their capabilities either for new functionality or to a potential newly built or acquired asset.
Functional Skills required:
- BS/BBA Degree with major in Information Systems or Technical discipline
- A minimum of 5 but prefer 10+ years job experience with SAP/Oracle or other major ERP solution
- A complete understanding of the technology required for cloud computing
- A complete understanding of hosted applications
- Have experience in designing the applications that will be migrated to the cloud
- Demonstrate the skills to migrate the applications to the cloud
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships between the customers and the team members
- Have the ability and the knowledge to integrate services and tools to all areas to be used like networks and data processing
- Possess the capability and the knowledge to implement security information and event management to keep the company' s assets safe
- Have experience to ensure that the requirements of all service-level agreements are met
Personal traits: Organized and be capable of leading tactical plans for mid to large project. Ability to work independently across all levels of the organization. Demonstrated excellence managing projects. Excellent communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!