Union, NJ 07083
The primary purpose of the System Analyst is to understand Business requirements and provide functional as well as solution design for Business needs. System Analyst role extends to support development and enhancements of retail systems and applications. The System Analyst is responsible for developing a deep knowledge of supported business areas, conducting business and functional requirement sessions, documenting current and to-be process flows and creating detailed requirements documents to support development. In addition, the System Analyst support the Quality Assurance team by performing knowledge transfer of new features and functions. Senior System Analyst is responsible to lead multiple projects and provide guidance to other analysts for different initiatives.
- Effectively communicate and work within a cross-functional team to coordinate and complete a large-scale implementation with Customer Communication, Fulfilment, Order management areas.
- Responsible for the solution design, delivery, implementation, configuration, value-add opportunities including any third party applications integrated with order management.
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions that identify business solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
- Leads solution optioning and recommendations around service oriented solution within order management domain
- Works closely with solution/technical architects to deliver solution architecture artifacts needed for solution architecture approach deliverable
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications.
- Document current and to-be process flows to understand and examine business processes using user roles, use cases, edit rules, wireframes, solution options and other system specifications in detail
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to support business process redesign in line with service oriented solution and technology capabilities.
- Create documentation that will assist with organizational change management, including training of post go-live support team.
Bachelor’ s degree and/or 6 years of experience in an IT Business System Analyst role
Demonstrated experience documenting use cases, functional requirements and non functional requirements
4-6 years of Retail Order Management Experience with Customer Communication
Demonstrated competency in documenting complex enterprise system integrations inclusive of non-functional requirements
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross functional departments in requirements sessions
Demonstrated ability to partner and liaison between business users and a technical development team
Retail experience is preferred
Experience with SOA implementations to address distributed service transaction requirements
Clear understanding of Web services approach including Web service protocols such as SOAP and REST
SQL, XML, XSLT is required
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.