Sr. Systems Administrator
2200 Northern Blvd Greenvale, NY 11548 | Direct Hire
Senior Systems Administrator
Seeking a hands on Sr. System Administrator to join our dynamic Infrastructure Operations Team. You’ ll be responsible for providing control, monitoring, and support of our infrastructure spanning across multiple locations, and will apply your comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of technical concepts, practices and procedures. You’ ll work on highly complex assignments in a mixed server environment and perform a full range of technical support activities.
- Implement and support infrastructure solutions architected by subject matter experts
- Maintain the health of systems by identifying and applying patches and firmware upgrades related to storage, servers, applications, network, virtual environment, and backups systems
- Document and implement configuration standards for utilization & manageability of data-center systems
- Ensure stability of all services by monitoring for trends of issues and growth
- Interface with other technical staff regarding availability of the infrastructure, health of the hardware, technical considerations for planning and managing hardware replacements
- Provide in-depth diagnosis for system software/hardware failures and develops solutions
- Identify when platform software and OS upgrades are needed; coordinate upgrades to ensure timely scheduling and completion; ensure that appropriate documentation exists prior to implementation
- Monitor feedback in order to recommend future support and product enhancements
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation, ensuring proper resolution to report and/or escalated issues
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing daily tasks
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems including Active Directory
- 5+ years’ experience with clustered VMware ESXi environments
- 3+ years’ experience with network devices (routers, switches, firewalls) and in-depth knowledge of various networking protocols, including TCP/IP.
- 3+ years in a 24x7x365 operations role, supporting high availability and redundant solutions
- Working knowledge of database solutions including Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Working knowledge of Linux and Solaris Operating systems
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, Bash, Python) with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code
- Must have a strong understanding of monitoring, capacity management and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing large Windows hosted applications and virtualized infrastructures
- Possess a thorough understanding of monitoring systems such as Nagios, Xymon, and other open source monitoring platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Oracle VM (OVM), Solaris, and Sparc hardware is a plus
- Experience with Enterprise Storage hardware (EMC, NetApp, etc.) is a plus
- Must be collaborative with a team oriented attitude
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!