Sr. Quality Analyst
Union, NJ 07083
• Participate in planning, design and testing phases of the application development.
• Perform functional, system integration, database and regression testing.
• Develop, document and execute comprehensive test plans, test scenarios and test scripts.
• Set up and maintain other test artifacts like the test data and procedures/scripts for generating and updating the test data.
• Review user stories and conditions of satisfaction to ensure that the requirements are consistent, unambiguous and testable.
• Work with business analysts and development leads to clarify requirements and rectify any issues with requirements.
• Translate user stories and conditions of satisfaction into robust test scenarios.
• Work closely with development leads, developers and business analysts in resolving defects discovered during the application development.
• Use the defect tracking software to create and maintain defects and bring them to resolution.
• Follow directions, guidelines and established procedures/best practices.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• 5+ years of experience testing desktop and Web applications.
• Experience with conducting functional, system integration, database and regression testing using both manual and automated testing.
• Familiarity with requirements gathering, design reviews, and testing phases of the project life cycle.
• Good experience with quality assurance tools like RTC and JIRA.
• Good experience with automated testing tools.
• Working SQL knowledge to conduct data verification and validation testing. Proficient with data query tools like TOAD or DB Visualizer.
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications. Experienced user of Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written skills (using English).
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals and the ability to maintain effective work relationships. The candidate must be able to work under pressure with limited time.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.