Sr. Product Manager, Digital Content Technologies
200 Madison Avenue new york, NY 10017
Are you a content and apps evangelist? Have you lead teams augmenting or implementing apps and sites for employee information or consumer media? Do you have a deep understanding of Agile/Scrum development, its tools and methods for success? Do you fashion yourself an agile coach? If so, our client is looking for you!
This role typically works on several projects at a time and as a leading member of each project team, often as a product owner. Works on small to large projects that have system wide impact and integrate across the business function.
You are responsible for participation on several project teams, application design, analysis, development planning, integration planning, and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and support.
As a leader on the team, you will have the responsibility for the product managers within the Digital Content Team. Driving the team with leader led training on Product Mindset, Agile software development, managing Scrum practices and building for business outcomes. It is up to the leader to help coach the product teams and stay up to date on the emerging continuous development methods in the market.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Leads the business to define the roadmap for Enterprise Content (DAM, ECM, Document management, Contract Management) & Communications Platforms (Intranet, associate facing apps, PR platforms, Brand Web environments)
- Team product training leader who focuses on employee growth plans and project execution alike. Drives workshops and methods aiding in the transformation of team leads into Product Managers
- Decision maker for owned products. Key insights for your team of product Managers
- Product management through lifecycles, including story gathering, defining done, building for outcomes, reporting on effectiveness through analysis & financial management.
- Focuses the engineering teams/business owners toward value based development, customer adoption & engagement as part of the happy/critical path
- Enhancing and modifying complex software systems using disciplined software development processes (Agile/Scrum) and S/PaaS partner driven enhancements
- Manage the backlog and prioritize ruthlessly
- Develop creative workarounds to blockers
- Agility at heart, with a passion for feedback driven changes
- Design software systems that minimize time to value and are built with outcomes
- Utilizing and staying current with modern platforms and methods
- Thinks of their customer with every change or proposed system
- Translates business and technical requirements into customer focused effort
- Offers suggestions for business process improvements
- Interfacing with testing teams to incorporate plans for automation
- Preparing and presenting status updates for various projects
- Provide technical leadership, business appreciation, coaching, and mentoring to team members
- Master of ceremonies for lean teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:?
- Typically requires 7-10 year experience working or developing Agile practices
- At least 2 years of managing staff directly
- Requires knowledge of the Agile/lean processes as well as Waterfall project management
- Deep understanding of the customer centric Product Mindset
- College degree in programming/ systems, computer science, or digital marketing specialized training, certification, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency training business and technologist with regard to Digital Product Management
- Certified Agile Product Owner (Or similar experience)
- Certified Scrum Master (Or similar experience)
- Skilled work in various prototyping tools (Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of the Agile software development process
- Next level presentation skills along with content production
- Firm understanding of the digital and analog toolkits of modern software development (AWS, Azure, GCP, Jira, Jenkins, HP Octane, Trello, Git, Confluence, etc)
- Management of direct reports
- Agile budgeting (financial & value/effort)
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!