Sr. Manager Retail Software Development
2200 Northern Blvd East Hills, NY 11548 | Direct Hire
Seeking a Sr. Manager of Retail Software Development, with expertise in ECommerce, POS and retail industry Software application Development, both hands on and team leadership.
Expertise in Ecommerce, POS and mobile applications is a must.
Tremendous opportunity for a Sr. level Software Development Manager with expertise in Retail, eCommerce and Mobile applications who can provide technical leadership yet doesn’ t mind being hands-on in supporting a talented team of software developers in producing quality code for a high availability production environment.
The Sr. Manager of Retail Software Development will work closely with the product team and business stakeholders to develop features and functionalities, product leadership to deliver quality products that align to the product roadmap and the ability to prioritize and deliver quality software product solutions.
The Sr. Manager of Retail, ECommerce Software Development will manage the end to operations of the team, business processes, and budget management.
- Collaborate and with product owners and business stakeholders, as well as software team members to develop strategies for software applications and associated web services.
- Manager, lead and mentor a team of highly qualified software developers
- Oversee and support software development efforts with an emphasis on usability, performance, and scalability.
- Responsible for end to end deliverables of critical scenarios.
- Technical Acumen and a strong understanding of end-user needs and service architecture.
- Implement an agile delivery culture and adhere and champion the ideals of agile and scrum methodology
- Monitor metrics for productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, quality.
- Implement tools and strategies to increase productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, quality.
- Create a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement, find ways to deliver more code faster without loss of quality.
- Review and drive software architectural improvements.
- Collaborate with other technical managers to delegate priorities and distribute efforts.
- Understand and implement industry innovations, emerging trends, and best practices.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Develop basic test plan with knowledge of technical requirements.
- Proven ability to lead, inspire, mentor, develop and guide a team of developer professionals, ensuring accountability and personal development
- Decisive with a sense of urgency to deliver results
- Proven track record in delivering large-scale software implementations
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing product delivery best practices
- Ability to collaborate, influence others and build consensus and commitment to a recommended direction while managing multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with an agile or scrum based methodology
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Exceptional and proven leadership skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in computer science, or information systems; or equivalent experience.
- Relevant industry certifications are preferred.
- 7-10+ years of experience in Software Development
- Demonstrated track-record of accomplishments in delivering quality applications.
- 5+ years of experience with development in Java, C, SQL, .NET, and Unix
- Experience in Ecommerce, POS and Retail Industry is preferred.
- Experience leading high functioning software development teams
- Experience leading projects, timelines and budgets
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!