Sr. Manager IT Operations/Support
new york, NY 10005
Key Goals & Objectives
The Sr. Manager IT Operations/Support will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the IT service desk, production application support, and the desktop environment in a small but global organization. This individual is also responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure quality, security and efficiency levels are maintained. This individual will have solid technical experience, strong project management, vendor management, plus a service- and security-oriented approach. The role requires attention to detail, organization, excellent communication skills and problem-solving to drive progress, ensure transparency, remove impediments, and mitigate risks.
Technical environment consists of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops, Office365 Exchange, Skype for Business, OneDrive, Azure Active Directory, Cisco VOIP system, AWS, Meraki.
• Manage a team of 2 full-time service desk analysts based out of the NY office.
• Work with departmental stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization' s leadership and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Stay current on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced within Client' s IT.
• Ensure transparency and strong communication. For example, facilitate team meetings, confirm outcomes, and issue follow up communications.
• Regularly report on project, support and operational metrics.
• Develop support and operational metrics and update leadership regularly
• Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT Operations staff.
• With the help of the the Sr. Director, establish SLAs and develop support procedures and protocols to ensure IT operations manages to those SLAs
• Manage the IT service desk supporting the NY office and remote staff in North America.
• Establish best practices and standards for remote IT support contractors who oversee support of regional sales offices in countries around the world.
• Act as desktop engineer, designing and implementing desktop environment.
• Manage processes and procedures related to IT equipment and services
• Support and manage Microsoft Office365 collaboration platform, ensuring Client is getting full value from the platform.
• Manage the information security on client side, including creating client system security policies, implementing the policies, educating the users, and monitoring system
security from client side
• Manage Production support for business applications including Client Website, Salesforce, our Data Warehouse and our Loyalty Management platform. This includes monitoring, troubleshooting where possible, escalation to infrastructure or development teams and follow up.
• Manage relationship with MSP vendors who provide 24/7 monitoring and escalation for Client Website and our data warehousing environment.
• Coordinate with 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve production application issues and hold those vendors accountable to the agreed upon SLAs
• Coordinate with other technology leads to orchestrate production rollout of new solutions and technologies environment
Requirements & Experiences
• 2+ years of experience managing a desktop support team
• 2+ years overseeing daily operations of a 24/7 business critical application
• 5+ years of experience as a desktop engineer and/or desktop support technician.
• Experience managing Windows 7 or Windows 10, Active Directory, Office365, Group Policy, Network printing
• Good written, verbal and presentation skills
• Able to manage geographically distributed vendors
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Bachelors degree strongly preferred
• ITIL certification is a plus
• Work from NY office, with ability to travel on occasion if needed
Skills & Abilities
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Energetic, positive, creative, frank, clear, and diplomatic
• Able to hold vendors accountable while fostering positive working relationships
• Able to quickly identify potential business & technology risks, and propose solutions
• Self-sufficient: Able to initiate, prioritize, and complete assignments with little supervision
• Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take risks and try innovative ways of solving problems
• Happy to wear multiple hats
Recruiting Director, Executive Search
Christine joined The Connors Group in 2006 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. With her roots in the NY area, she uses her local knowledge and experience to serve NYC area clients and candidates in multiple industries.
Christine knows that clients value honesty, attention to details and sound judgment in identifying and presenting highly qualified, well targeted candidates. Using her vetting techniques, she confidently presents only candidates who have the depth of background and breadth of experience that meet the specific requirements of the position. She also has an eye toward the future to ensure her candidates will become highly valuable to her clients and be able to progress.
Candidates appreciate recruiters who listen to their aspirations and objectives. Christine understands that candidates need accurate information about positions, the culture and career potential. She uses her in-depth understanding of the individual client hiring process and her ability to guide candidates through each step to remove the uncertainty associated with seeking a new position.
Christine provides highly responsive service with continuous follow-up to her clients and candidates alike.
Christine is a key contributor to the Connors Group team of recruiting professionals. She works closely with the team to ensure that, when a position is not in her specific area of expertise, her clients’ skill requirements are routed to the team member who can meet the requirements. Christine’s primary objective is to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates by providing the highest level of satisfaction possible.
Outside of her professional life, Christine enjoys the challenge of learning to play the piano, traveling the globe and walking all the great cities of the world with her husband, jet skiing and fast cars!