Sr. Manager Data Science and Marketing Technology
1 Campus Dr Parsippany, NJ 07054 | Direct Hire
The Sr Manager of Data Science and Marketing Technology will be responsible for making sure that digital technology developed within the marketing department provides consistent, clear and usable data and that this data is used to understand broader market conditions and to drive the business. The Sr. Manager will lead a small team of specialists to conduct analytics and data science projects. The Sr. Manager will work closely with the Market Research, Web, Direct Marketing and Customer Experience teams in addition to also working cross-functionally around the broader organization. This is a high-profile role with exposure to the executive leadership. This role will develop greater insights around customer behavior and market conditions for all facets of the business while producing analytical data for reporting, visualization and for use in applications.
Manage Internal and External Team to do the following:
- Acquire 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Party data to facilitate analytics and data science
- Define and align roadmap for marketing technology, data science and analytics and develop and manage the data architecture in Azure
- Assist in evaluation of marketing technology and software to achieve stated objectives and goals
- Recommend and assist in adjusting existing business processes to fully leverage new technology and software
- Liaison between Marketing and major business units, as well as, promote GAF’ s marketing technology, data science and analytics assisting in training and knowledge transfer.
- Work with product marketing (steep slope, commercial, solar, coatings, etc.), marketing services and marketing operations teams to define the roadmap for marketing technology, data science and analytics
- Assist in evaluation of technology and software to achieve stated objectives and goals.
- Recommend and assist in adjusting existing business processes to fully leverage new technology and software.
- Data steward liaison between Marketing and major business units, as well as, promote marketing technology, data science and analytics, assisting in training and knowledge transfer.
Optimize Digital Journeys and Direct Marketing Campaigns
- Create and sustain analytics that allow correct campaign targeting
- Analyze and create advanced segmentation techniques for campaigns
- Develop personas and the data required to identify and manage them while building customer profiles for use in analytics and data mining
- Manage the database health and reduce attrition / opt-outs
- Build A/B test frameworks for optimization of click through/conversion rates
- Create reports that inform the digital journeys
Develop Market Data and Strategic Reporting
- Create reporting specifications on analytics around broader market trends and customer behaviors, including developing macro market forecasts of sales
- Develop algorithms to support customer segmentation for new programs.
- Create tools to simplify the management of campaign/customer programs for project owners
- Create algorithms and reports that inform go to market programs and direct marketing campaigns
General Corporate Data Science and Analytics Support
- Work with the BI team and other departments to optimize and enhance data structures to ensure that market data is available to the organization.
- Provide specific analysis around special situations for the organization (e.g., broad market stories for major customer presentations, review of third party database providers).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships throughout the organization
- Business Acumen
- Facilitating Change
- Decision Making
- Managing Conflict
- Education, knowledge of analytics industry and programming options
- Consideration of process improvements
- Able to multi-task and has the ability to work cross functionally, within and outside of department.
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Intermediate experience working with Big Data and noSQL.
- Advanced knowledge of the reporting capabilities of Android, IOS and other application platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Advanced experience with Oracle or Microsoft relational database programs
- Intermediate understanding of CMS, Web and related technologies
- Advanced experience with Oracle Marketing Cloud (Eloqua), SQL, R, Python and databases such as Hadoop and HBase/HIVE/Solr.
- Advanced knowledge of text mining algorithms.
- Advanced experience with large data sets and databases.
- Intermediate coding skills
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis software (SPSS, SAS, etc.)
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Advanced presentation skills, able to ensure training will be effectively used
- Advanced ability to present complex information in simple terms
- Advanced knowledge of customer segmentation tools and methods.
- Advanced ability to draft queries of databases.
- Intermediate leadership skills
- Intermediate teaching skills
- Entry market knowledge, able to understand residential and commercial construction industry
- Advanced financial statement analysis
- Intermediate project management skills, including use of Microsoft Project or similar tool
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Data Analytics, Finance, Computer Science or Mathematics plus at least 8 years work experience or Master’ s Degree or Higher in Data Analytics or related field and at least 3 years of related work experience
- Microsoft server and analytic tools.
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of construction materials or related industry
Managing Director, Business Transformation & IT
Sheri first joined The Connors Group in 2002. Her genuine commitment to finding the best outcomes for her clients and candidates has resulted in establishing long term, trust-based partnerships. Sheri believes that above all, clients value results and responsiveness in any partner. A high level of service is always required in recruiting, and asking the right questions about an opportunity helps ensure talent is functionally capable and culturally aligned to their needs.
Candidates value that Sheri always takes the time to understand their career goals… because an opportunity represents more than just a job description. Additionally, candidates are always very appreciative of constant follow up and updates to encourage them through the application process. Maintaining two-way communication for interview management and post-hire follow up; she believes it’s always important to empower others through honest feedback.
Making her clients happy is the most rewarding part of the job! Working with an organization to fill their “top spot” and leveraging her consulting expertise in building out their team… This is a scenario that’s occurred multiple times and something she is certainly proud of in her career. She also loves that she has effectively established and maintained her network. Managing to build relationships over the decades and watch individuals grow in their careers – these are accomplishments that have been incredibly rewarding!
Career goals include continuing to learn and grow, build new client relationships, and develop new practice areas. To be positioned in the market as the go-to person for hiring needs in technology, digital, and business transformation - always both from a consulting and full-time standpoint! Outside of work, Sheri loves to travel! Art, theatre, film, jazz, palates, hiking, cycling, and Star Trek (yes – she’s a Trekkie!) are all interests! A favorite quote – “Nobody ever died wishing they spent more time at the office!”