Sr. Manager, Digital Product Development
485 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10017
- Defines, drives alignment, maintains and communicates the strategic product and concept roadmap.
- Translate business strategy into a portfolio product innovation roadmap, articulates trade-offs and business cases for new features through data-driven prioritization and business needs; set minimal viable product releases.
- Continual evaluation, refinement, and management of digital product backlog and roadmap to provide a relevant and consumer-friendly experience.
- Own and drive the product development life cycle for assigned strategic projects to ensure user experience and business objectives are met from the point of project initiation, through discovery and concepting, definition, development, UAT, refinement and launch. Key activities include:
- Assist in developing supporting business cases for digital product development opportunities.
- Lead the implementation of proofs of concepts & pilots to vet plausibility of technology innovation, including defining project scope, requirements and success metrics.
- Define and drive business requirements and acceptance criteria that can be used to create product specifications.
- Facilitate discovery, technical assessments and work/effort estimations between external development partners and internal IT team.
- Obtain and leverage customer insights to inform and craft positive customer experiences based on quantitative and qualitative customer behavior and feedback.
- Leverage analytical data to manage prioritization and trade-offs among features, user experience and performance.
- Conduct UAT in collaboration with stakeholders to ensure the product meets business objectives and reflects our quality standards.
- Keep all the stakeholders well informed of product development status at all times.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (business partners, marketing, customer contact center, technology, etc.) to improve cross-channel customer experiences and drive go-to-market strategy and thoughtful execution across the customer touch points.
- Be the expert on all current and future platform tools and digital customer experience by mastering product functionality, constraints, business process, value, customer profile, and industry domain.
- Motivates, leads, influences and manages direct and indirect teams, works collaboratively to drive innovation that meet stakeholder objectives.
- Develops, presents and evangelizes recommendations and solutions to the hotelier network through webinars and in-person forums.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends to ensure the innovation strategy is on target.
Requirements & Experiences
- 4-year College Degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in digital product development or management function required.
- Strong understanding of web development technology, platforms, user-centric web design standards and best practices.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics preferred).
- Experience with Enterprise level platforms including Content Management System (specific experience with Sitecore a plus) and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Experience working in luxury travel, e-commerce and/or with local-global organizations (in a corporate role) a plus.
- Fluent with agile product development and lifecycle management process with usability and/or customer-focused design experience.
- Must be able to work on-site at the NYC headquarters office.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven skills in project and product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation required, with strong preference for digital background.
- Strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally within the organization and with external vendors and agencies to define and shape the product and consumer experiences.
- Self-directed working style and ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment while effectively managing competing priorities.
- Self-starter with strong bias for action and ability to think and act creatively, methodically and strategically.
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams to define, manage and deliver high-quality products and complex projects on tight deadlines.
- Passion for understanding digital consumer behavior, trends and innovation; building great products and solving customer and business problems.
- Ability to think and act creatively, methodically and strategically.
- Must be organized, flexible & able to act independently, with ability to switch rapidly between different projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Is forward thinking and passionate about delivering a premium and innovative solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to facilitate meetings and communicate effectively with the core team, extended stakeholders inside and outside the organization (hotelier community) and senior internal leadership.
- Ability to drive trust, work collaboratively and build strong working relationships across teams within the organization and with external partners.
- Must represent and demonstrate LHW core values and professional behavior at all times.
- Executive polish and presence.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Executive Search
Christine joined The Connors Group in 2006 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. With her roots in the NY area, she uses her local knowledge and experience to serve NYC area clients and candidates in multiple industries.
Christine knows that clients value honesty, attention to details and sound judgment in identifying and presenting highly qualified, well targeted candidates. Using her vetting techniques, she confidently presents only candidates who have the depth of background and breadth of experience that meet the specific requirements of the position. She also has an eye toward the future to ensure her candidates will become highly valuable to her clients and be able to progress.
Candidates appreciate recruiters who listen to their aspirations and objectives. Christine understands that candidates need accurate information about positions, the culture and career potential. She uses her in-depth understanding of the individual client hiring process and her ability to guide candidates through each step to remove the uncertainty associated with seeking a new position.
Christine provides highly responsive service with continuous follow-up to her clients and candidates alike.
Christine is a key contributor to the Connors Group team of recruiting professionals. She works closely with the team to ensure that, when a position is not in her specific area of expertise, her clients’ skill requirements are routed to the team member who can meet the requirements. Christine’s primary objective is to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates by providing the highest level of satisfaction possible.
Outside of her professional life, Christine enjoys the challenge of learning to play the piano, traveling the globe and walking all the great cities of the world with her husband, jet skiing and fast cars!