Sr. Director, Program Management- Consumer Data and Technology Program
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
The Business Process Management (BPM) organization contributes to our clients' transformation through the global adoption of new and enduring business capabilities.
This role focuses on harnessing Customer Data - working with technology to gather information, centralize it, and create a single view of Customers and their purchase history.
The Sr. Director will manage the global program to obtain that singular Customer view, understand how to manage the Data and then implement digital marketing tools to best leverage the data.
The mission is to lead, listen and partner to create extraordinary value for their brands through process excellence. Optimize business processes to deliver consistent, core capabilities with the flexibility to support value-add brand and regional differences.
The Senior Program Director will operate as the program management lead partnering cross-functionally to manage across all work streams, sub-projects and functions supporting their assigned program(s).
Again, this role focuses on their Consumer Data and Technology Program, a major capability transformation in how they connect and harness their most valuable asset, Consumer and Customer DATA, with the goal to gather all the information, centralize it and use it to better compete in the digital age.
This role will create and oversee the integrated program plan and will be responsible to deliver their program on-time, on-budget, with a specified scope across all functional areas; including integrated program plan (master timeline), project charter, resource plan, budget, status reporting, and governance. He/She is accountable to the Executive Steering Committee and Executive Program Leads and ensures the necessary process, structure, resources, and governance are in place to deliver successful results.
The role provides guidance, coaching and mentoring to direct/indirect reports and works seamlessly with the broader organization to ensure operational excellence. Partners cross-functionally to align technical solutions with business needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Accountable to successfully deliver assigned program(s) and results through cross-functional collaboration and partnering with the Executive Program Leads and enterprise-wide stakeholders.
- Delivers their assigned program, and associated sub-projects and/or work streams, on-time, on-budget, with specified scope across all functional areas; including the integrated program plan (master timeline), charter, budget, risk mitigation plan, stakeholder engagement plan, status reporting, governance, and close out/lessons learned.
- Drives accountability and owns the Program Management deliverables including creating the optimal program structure, program kick off, building a high performing team, facilitating workshops, and program budget.
- Facilitates Program Core Team meetings and partners with Executive Program Leads on presenting updates to steering and executive committee. Establishes team agreements/ground rules at program start and drives collaboration and communication across teams and stakeholders to deliver optimal results.
- Plays a strategic and objective role in early identification of emerging risks and managing risks across the program. Partners with the program team to identify risk mitigation plans before issues arise and manages the mitigation plan.
- Facilitates conflict resolution and jump-starts stalled deliverables by identifying and removing barriers and driving issues to timely resolution.
- Ensures Program Sponsors and stakeholders are regularly engaged for input/consultation communicating any emerging risks and corresponding mitigation plans. Provides transparent and timely reporting to all stakeholders.
- Proactively assesses cross-program impacts, cross-program resources, and dependencies and communicates potential impacts across the enterprise.
- Ensures the appropriate change management, stakeholder engagement, and communication plans are co-developed with the change leadership, communications, and the program team.
- Consistently demonstrates high integrity and objective leadership to drive decisions that are best for Consumers, associates, and financial strength.
- Role models diplomacy and courageous leadership when resistance, fear, or lack of transparency or other factors may hinder obtaining program results.
- Advises and coaches stakeholders, team members, and other project managers in excelling at their role and ensures program priorities are clear.
- Evaluates and assesses project/program post implementation and presents key findings/lessons learned to executive leadership. Communicates learnings that can be reapplied across the orginization
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 14-16 years’ experience in operations, project management, IT, Supply Chain, or Consulting.
- Preferably 10 years in retail, wholesale or consumer products industry.
- Minimum 8 years Program Management / PMO experience with responsibility for delivering large, complex cross-functional initiatives and managing teams. Global experience highly preferred.
- Has served as a Program Management leader on many enterprise programs and has experience in creating program and PMO structures.
- Minimum 5 years influencing key decision makers or senior executives in a large, highly matrixed, cross-functional team setting.
- Minimum 5 years leading program/project introducing new capabilities to a business unit; including accountability for the change journey across functions.
- Consumer insights and data analytics skills preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree is required; a graduate degree is highly preferred.
- Training in Program/Project management is required; on the job experience is required demonstrating Program Management skills and experience.
- PMP certification required or the ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Program/Project management professional with a multi-functional background, able to apply best practice concepts across varying functions.
- Able to influence and manage others to oversee the timely and successful completion of large scale and/or multiple projects.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of developing and managing program processes, techniques, tools, and the ability to lead transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
Sufficient depth of knowledge to manage the change journey, including tactical change management methods and deliverables, necessary to deliver business user adoption when introducing transformational capabilities.
- An influential leader with experience leading cross-functional teams and organizations toward “ what’ s possible” and creating transformational change in future state capabilities/ processes.
- Effectively lead large global matrixed teams and drive clear planning and execution; understands how to create, manage and navigate an integrated program/project plan. Can flex from a strategic view to detailed level planning.
- Ability to analyze resources needed to meet objectives and proactively get to root cause and solve problems.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills to drive organizational change.
- An expert facilitator who drives closure and aligned decision making.
- Strong negotiation skills with the capability to creatively influence ideas as well as leverage resources logically.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for strategy, processes, and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies.
- Ability to manage complexity; distill complex information and processes into simple views and communications.
- Experience planning and deploying enterprise-wide initiatives (both business and IT initiatives).
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- The exceptional communicator in both written and oral form; excellent business writing skills and this ability to develop and deliver effective presentations for various audiences including c-suite.
- An advanced facilitator that designs creative meeting/workshop techniques that can help teams and leaders breakthrough project barriers and create team alignment.
- Able to develop relationships at all levels throughout the organization and skilled at consensus building, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
- Able to gather and analyze institution-wide and/or department-specific requirements and document business and system process flows.
- High level of diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
- Microsoft Visio, MS Project, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word.
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!