Sr. Database Developer
Union, NJ 07083
Sr. Database Developer’ s role is to develop and maintain databases across the organization, while ensuring high levels of data availability. Responsible for reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback. He should be highly proficient in creating database objects and writing efficient SQL queries in DB2.
• 10+ years of combined experience in DB2 and Oracle
• 5+ years in DB2
• 5+ years of experience in creating ER diagrams based on the requirements
• Proficient in writing complex stored procedures, functions
• Experience in using indexes, views, triggers is required
• 5+ years of experience in performance optimization
• Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions.
• Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
• Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions.
• Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
• Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
• Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
• Degree in computer science or related area of study is required
• Knowledge of Planning Systems in retail industry
• Experience with SQL Server
• Masters Degree in computer science or related area of study.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.