Sr. QA Analyst-(3)
2200 Northern Blvd greenvale, NY 11548
The Lead Quality Assurance Analyst will work closely with group of testers and development engineers on our flagship product and its reporting features. This position is hands-on and will require testing, monitoring processes and procedures in product development and design under the guidance of the Manager of Quality Assurance. You’ ll perform hands-on QA testing including data integrity for new features and regression testing while working with developers to resolves all identified defects, risks and issues. You’ ll lead QA efforts across multiple projects while training and mentoring more junior team members. The ideal candidate is someone who works well independently with minimal supervision and is also comfortable as a collaborative member of a team.
About the Job
- Devise, document, and execute detailed test plans for all assigned projects
- Conduct comprehensive testing on all software products and applications for back office and mobile (POS) system
- Evaluate and test software programs to verify all assigned projects function according to internal and external user requirements
- Create and execute test scripts for both manual and automated
- Write test documents including test plan, test cases and test summaries
- Conduct post-deployment review and provide detailed report and analysis of all defects, risks, and issues identified during testing of all assigned projects
- Review support documentation for accuracy and usability
- Prioritize workflow in accordance with departmental goals and initiatives and set timing budgets
- Assist in support for new and production releases
- Prepare projects for end-user testing
- Assist with trouble-shooting production-level issues, behaviors, and potential problems/defects
- Participate in review of standards, procedures, tools, and processes
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong desire to create test artifacts, including test plans, test cases, and reports
- Maintain manual test scripts for requirement/user story validation, integration, regression and usability testing
- Execution of manual test including functional and regression
- Experience identifying and logging defects using JIRA
- 5+ yrs. experience testing mobile apps, Retail POS systems, integrated credit card systems, and all POS peripherals
- 10+ yrs. experience using professional testing software
- 4+ years’ experience with SQL joins and complex queries
- Proven experience with databases and a thorough understanding of SQL
- Experience testing Web-Services and APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional ability to quickly understand and work with application functionality and system technology (POS, databases, OS, APIs)
- Multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of iOS devices, point-of-sale devices and server configurations
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and Test Rails is preferred
- Relevant industry certifications and retail experience are a plus
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!