Sr. Product Manager
415 West Broadway Floor 3rd Floor New York, NY 10012
The Senior Product Manager will join our client' s fast-paced Product team responsible for the definition of product roadmaps, serving both global customers as well as internal business stakeholders. Product Managers interact regularly with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, User Experience Design, Customer Experience, and Finance. This role will report into the VP of Product.
In this role, you will be responsible for setting the direction of and driving strategic initiatives to ensure a cohesive experience throughout the customer journey. Your work will be rooted in delivering product solutions that excite and delight users as they engage with the company platform ecosystem, decrease time to value, and increase the impact of our methodology through smart problem solving and technical innovation.
What You’ ll Do
- Define business and product requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on product plans and to deliver results
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders throughout the company to obtain buy-in for product initiatives and to set expectations
- Identify our customers' needs and opportunities through data analysis, interviews, and research through quantitative and qualitative methods
- Research and understand customer requirements, operational impacts and needs, competitive offerings, feedback from our Customer Experience team, and translate these into feature specs or product improvements
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide support for escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Function as the Product Owner for an Agile Scrum development team to define, deliver, build and iterate on capabilities
Who You Are
- 5+ years of product management experience; 3+ years building B2C SaaS applications required
- Proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through
- Experience shipping successful products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs
- Ability to quickly understand a specific client domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution; can envision a different world and can articulate a clear path to get there
- An open mind & flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Comfortable working with large, disparate data sets and web technologies
- Demonstrate tenacity and commitment to deliver and be accountable for results
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!