Sr Director, Advanced Analytics
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Are you an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving complex business problems leveraging technology and data? Have you lead cross-functional teams implementing complex data and analytics business solutions or digital products? Do you have a solid understanding of Agile/Scrum development, its tools and methods for success? If so, THE COMPANY is looking for you!
The Senior Director Advanced Analytics & Insights has the responsibility to launch and promote advanced thinking in the Global THE COMPANY organization on various aspects of data insights & advanced analytics.
This role will drive success in following areas:
- Planning: Ability to tie multitude of data workstreams into an actionable, iterative roadmap
- Data/Reporting Tool Knowledge: Deep experience in building data and reporting solutions from scratch
- Reporting Tools: Deep experience in building concept to industrial scale - reporting solutions on top of enterprise data lakes
- Solution/Simplification Oriented: Ability to translate business concepts coming in fragmented ways into consolidated, simple analytic solutions
- Retail Data Knowledge (preferred/plus): Experience in understanding connections of data across ERP’ s, Planning solutions etc., across geographies and bringing them together in an enterprise repository
The Senior Director will collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate business needs into business outcomes. The incumbent will also collaborate with other Senior Directors, engineering teams as well as external partners to drive end-to-end project execution and enable business value.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Be accountable for Data and its usage as part of the Reporting and Analytics
- Evangelist of enterprise data driven business decisions
- Be accountable for BI, Reporting and Data visualization and its usage as part of the Reporting and Analytics function
- Understand business strategies for THE COMPANY brands and regions, and translate those strategies into technical capabilities and product roadmaps
- Work closely with business product owners to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Conceptualization and execution of training needs for data and analytic solutions
- Governance of data & related initiatives with various cross functional partners – in tech and business ensuring it stays tied to strategic objectives of THE COMPANY
- Manage conflicts across competing priorities
- Manages vendor relationships depending on project needs (onsite and shared service)
- Audits, user security and SOX management
- Product management through entire lifecycle, including story gathering, defining done, building for outcomes, reporting on effectiveness through analysis & financial management
- Conduct feedback sessions with engineering and business teams to continuously evolve team processes and performance
- Report on team velocity, value and project status regularly to business and TPG stakeholders
- Utilize and stay current with modern platforms and methods
- Required to travel approx. 25% to the NY/NJ area THE COMPANY offices
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in Reporting and Analytics, BI and analytics disciplines
- Deep experience in standing up and building reporting solutions leveraging big data and enterprise datawarehouse solutions
- Deep experience in building, governing and industrializing multi use data lake and data warehouse solutions
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Experience with Big Data and cloud computing
- Experience with micro-services is an asset
- Demonstrated success in delivering business value through enabling KPI, metrics and analytics
- Proven experience with complex data quality issues and remediation of bias in data sets
- Experience in Apparel / Retail industry is a plus
- Strong project management leadership with proven track record of delivering results
- Strong knowledge of information architecture
- Experience with ETL solutions in support of analytics initiatives
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies
Education: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or a related field.
Specific skills required for Senior Director, Advanced Analytics include:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to inform recommendations and drive actions
- Goal oriented and self-motivated within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence decision making at all levels within an organization
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!