Sr Basis Admin, Manager
4620 Grandover Pkwy, NC 27407
This critical role partners with internal and external functional, technical and security resources to maintain the life-cycle management, security and performance of SAP systems within a cloud and on-premise environments. Functionality included but not limited to ECC 6.0, HANA, BW on HANA, OpenText, SAP, Fiori Frontend Server, NetWeaver AS Java, NetWeaver Portal, SAP Frontend Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies standard SAP principles, concepts and techniques in system installation, monitoring performance, problem diagnosis and resolution. Demonstrates excellent tactical approaches that also reflect the strategic perspective of the organization.
- Coordinates all aspects of the SAP systems. This may include system installation, upgrades and application of patches (OSS notes, support packages, add-ons). Supports the technical implementation of the SAP system landscape as it evolves (i.e., development, test, staging and production).
- Coordinates and holds accountable hosting partner and other partners and developers, aiming for timeliness in execution, excellence in quality, and reasonable costs.
- Keeps abreast of functional features /options/opportunities and works with business to execute related projects.
- Educates business personnel on new features/functionality and works with learning center personnel to develop new training materials.
- Coordinates and/or Performs system refreshes; participate in the scheduling of refreshes as requested.
- Monitors and tunes performance and workflow.
- High level of proficiency in SAP Solution Manager configuration and administration of ChaRM/QGM/Retrofit, CTS+, Technical Monitoring, Process Management, Business Process Monitoring, SEA, BPCA.
- Works with team to establish continuous improvement maintenance across all systems.
- Coordinates post system copy and/or system refresh verification and post steps with functional teams.
- Manages the SAP system landscape, including the Transport Management System and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates system maintenance, printer configuration, and upgrades as needed, including backups and restores
- Test management tools, installation, test & defect management setup.
- Coordinates with business and executes project creation, business blueprints, realization, final preparation, and go live support.
- Capacity planning and Performance Tuning
- Administers Three-Tier security (Fiori, Back-end and database); manage policies & procedures; execute security approved requests; ensure compliance
- Provide documents of evidence to internal and external auditors for audits which have the SAP landscape and JSOX in scope
- Manage KPIs to measure third-party hosting teams’ performance to SLA and regular account review conference calls
Education and Experience Profile:
- Bachelor’ s Degree required. Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Advanced degrees and certifications a plus.
- At least five years of experience as an SAP Basis Administrator required. 7+ years Basis Exp is desired.
- Experience with SAP in a Microsoft Windows environment running on MS-SQL
- Experience with SAP HANA is required.
- Experience with OpenText administration is highly desired.
- Experience with VMware is highly desired for both ESXi and Horizon environments.
- Experience building SAP systems on cloud infrastructure; defining ip address, DNS and server hostname and instance parameter setup.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio diagrams with technical design specification document for flow diagrams.
- Experience with system optimization using both SAP Early Watch Reports and SAP Services.
- Experience working with internal and external auditors; gathering and producing required documentation and verbally articulating measures for auditing points.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/ Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Solid understanding of SAP three-tier architecture design as it relates to scalability, availability, and performance.
- Solid understanding of relational database theory preferred, including familiarity with MS SQL database structures; solid understanding of programming concepts, including familiarity with SQL programming.
- Knowledge of underlying infrastructure components; high availability, disaster recovery, and network load balancing technologies
- Expertise with data extraction and transfer tool, such as SAP TDMS or equivalent tools.
- PC servers, workstations and laptops. Microsoft environment. Work with standard current computer applications, word processing, spreadsheets, ERP, MES, PLM and CRM applications
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.