Software & Data Engineer
522 East 74th (between York Ave & FDR Drive) NY, NY 10021
The Software and Data Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, security and maintenance of the Data Analytics Platform. The ideal candidate must be passionate about the field of analytics and well versed in all aspects of an enterprise-wide analytics architecture. The software and data engineer will work closely with the Interface Team and Infrastructure and Server Team. The engineer support and collaborate with our data engineers, researchers, report writers and data analysts.
- Implement, secure and maintain the advanced data analytics platform
- Implement, secure and maintain the front-end interface to platform
- Design, implement and automate data flows to and from the platform
- Work with partners and vendors on data integration projects
- Create data models for analytics applications
- Assist in the Data Warehouse ETL design and implementation
- Assist in resolution of production issues and root cause analyses
Technical Qualifications And Experience
- 3+ years with Python analytics platform, Python notebooks and Data Science libraries
- 3+ years’ experience with ETL tools: SSIS (preferred), Informatica, Talend
- 3+ years’ experience with RESTFul APIs and Web Services: JSON and XML
- 3+ years’ experience with RDMS databases: SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle
- Strong expertise in SQL scripting required
- Strong expertise in Python scripting required
- Experience integrating large datasets, many 100Gbs to several Terabytes required
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems required
- Strong expertise in a programming language such as Java/Scala or C# a big plus
- Experience supporting researchers in bioinformatics a big plus
- Experience with statistics, machine learning and deploying predictive models a big plus (R, Python, Matlab, Spark)
- Experience with SAS, administration and SAS language a plus
- Experience with public cloud a plus: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience with Big Data technology a plus: Hadoop, Spark, AWS EMR, Hive, etc.
- Experience in Healthcare a plus
Elements of success
- Passionate about data
- Enjoy learning and exploring new technologies
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Team player, committed to improving quality and service and maintaining a spirit of cooperation and respect
Education and Certifications
- Master’ s degree or bachelor’ s in computer science
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!