Social Media Strategist
2000 Chapel View Blvd. Ste. 360 Cranston, RI 02920 | Direct Hire
We are seeking a Social Media Strategist for a Rhode Island based omni channel retailer.
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for the implementation of the latest insights and trends in digital media to increase visibility and promote the The Company' s brand.
They will be the marketing lead to our creative and content group counterparts providing insights on analytics, audience targeting and best practices for the social media landscape.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Deploys strategies to increase engagement and a measurable ROI with integrated technologies while employing industry best practices across the enterprise
• Develops campaigns alongside a marketing calendar (event and product based) that incorporate social media techniques to generate visibility for The Company' s
• Brief/Work with digital production team to drive digital asset process and requirements for organic and paid social activities
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of profiles across social networks to build communities and to drive critical mass to the main site for conversations
• Assists and oversee social community care team with outreach, product inquiries/suggestions, customer service, etc.
• Works closely with Content, Digital Marketing/Analytics teams, and Creative to identify and post stories based on trending topics and create content that can be deployed consistently like inspirational messages
• Tracking metrics and monitoring conversions, conversations and trends – Google Analytics, native Facebook/Twitter tools, etc.
• Meets with various internal teams regularly ensuring that all department needs are being met
• Identifies and reports on digital/social media trends and new technologies
• Ability to work night and weekends; Attend work events as needed providing live coverage and support
Travel This position requires limited travel; 0-25%
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelors degree or equivalent professional qualification, marketing/communications
experience strongly desired with 4-6 years of relevant work experience
• Passion for social media with an emphasis on latest trends, current events, pop culture and ideas.
• Online communication experience, as well as written and verbal
• Experience with social media platforms such as Salesforce Social Studio, Spredfast, Sprinklr or related tools
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Google Analytics and SEO experience is a plus
• Photo editing and vector-based illustration training is desirable
• Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!