Social Media & Content Manager
2 Park Ave New York, NY 10016
As the Social Media & Content Manager, you will drive and manage content and social media marketing execution for direct-to-school and direct-to-consumer efforts across owned social platforms, content pages on website and content hub/blog. This position works cross-functionally with internal Marketing teams to develop engaging campaigns aligned with the needs of our customers (parents, administrators, teachers), analyze strategy, identify opportunities, and make recommendations for improvements. This role will:
- Own company-wide content calendar, including scheduling, publishing, distribution and tracking success and areas of improvement.
- Serve as community manager, actively listening to customers and addressing concerns while maintaining an authentic social presence with audiences.
- Maintain an “ always on” evergreen level of support across relevant brand objectives and campaigns.
- Define and execute a content syndication strategy that will bring our brand to life and serve and engage our customers.
- Identify and curate stories and content from community for email, social, content hub/blog.
- Research and identify key influencers/creators/ambassadors that align with our overall brand positioning and ensure a diverse pool of creators.
- Streamline operational processes related to our influencer marketing and giveaway/contest efforts, including organizing and shipping samples, prizing, corresponding, and following up with influencers and winners.
- Drive consistency, efficiency, and agility in our social media approach.
- Use social listening tools to participate in and create relevant conversation with a fresh and authentic voice.
- Work closely with Copywriter to manage group of contributing writers, assign articles, edit and deliver quality content for calendar.
- Work closely with SEO team to research, devise and implement high-performing search driven content to drive increased monthly site traffic.
- Work closely with creative team to deliver branded content assets in multiple mediums and formats best suited for platform purposes to engage customers.
Education and Specialized Knowledge:
- Bachelor' s degree in PR, communications, marketing, or related studies or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years social media marketing experience with a strong understanding of how to grow social media platform from an early stage and demonstrated success managing influencer campaigns leading to sales growth.
- Knowledge of apparel industry within the retail and eCommerce space, including SEO and social commerce best practices
- Excellent social copywriting skills and exceptional storyteller that can make messages stick with an eye for detail
- Expert knowledge of social networking channels and trends, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn, blogging and any other relevant platforms
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, etc), social listening/management tools (ex: Later, Sprout, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, or similar) and ideally an influencer management platform like Tagger, Tribe, or similar
- Passionate about social media and LOVES our brand and engaging with our community online. Needs to be as passionate about data and strategy as creating content.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively cross functionally and strong interpersonal skills to drive results
- A strong work ethic and whatever it takes to get the job done attitude
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!