Service Desk System Administrator and Process Analyst
522 East 74th (between York Ave & FDR Drive) NY, NY 10021
Main Purpose of the Role:
Under general direction of the Manager of Customer Service Desk, the Service Desk System Administrator and Process Analyst will be a hands-on position requiring a high degree of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) system and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) expertise. This role configures, administers, maintains and develops the ITSM system and integration with other IT systems; and serves as a business analyst applying proven analytical skills to maximize the investment in the system. The Service Desk System Administrator and Process Analyst will collaborate with vendors, end users and IT team members to assist in the discovery and implementation of solutions, including ITIL practices, to optimize performance and maximize investment.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Administer, maintain and enhance ITSM application.
- Resolve ITSM support issues and coordinates vendor escalation.
- Provide proactive recommendations to maximize system use and usability.
- Perform ITSM implementation tasks including, but not limited to: requirements gathering, solution design, configuration, integration, and testing.
- Develop, administer and maintain integrations (process and system) and automation. between ITSM and dependent systems/applications – fully utilizing the platform’ s workflow capabilities.
- Partner with vendors on product enhancements and system upgrades to assure system optimization and project completion.
- Build, test and apply enhancements and upgrades within test and production environments.
- Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of the application.
- Maintain system documentation, logs and work instructions.
- Create custom solutions, dashboards, analyze and distribute reporting data regarding service level commitments for Business and IT service owners’.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and refine customer requirements to build new, or improve existing, ITSM workflows.
- Partner with stakeholders to leverage system metrics and identify business value, automation and process improvement opportunities.
- Advance adoption of ITIL practices by facilitating implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cherwell ITSM.
- Knowledge and understanding of how ITSM can enable operations to become more efficient and configure the platform to achieve measurable benefits.
- Demonstrated ability with ITSM incident, change, problem, request, asset, CMDB and knowledge management applications.
- Ability to analyze and implement ITIL best practices in HSS.
- Ability to demonstrate customer service orientation and strong team skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong administrative skills with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve target dates.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance multiple responsibilities which may frequently change.
- Ability to learn information quickly and apply risk/control considerations which impact downstream decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and effectively handle sensitive situations and people.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve defined goals.
- tailoring the communication to the needs and experience of the intended audience.
- Ability to stay actively involved with industry peers to stay current with ITSM practices.
- Exceptional written/oral communication and interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a large-scale enterprise environment supporting ITSM solutions of which includes 2 years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining Cherwell.
- ITSM Certified Administrator certification
- ITIL Foundation Certification required (ITIL v3 Certification preferred)
- Bachelor’ s Degree required
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.