Senior UX/UI Designer/Developer
Union, NJ 07083 | Contract
Job Title – Senior UX/UI Designer/Developer
The Collaboration Engineering team is looking for a Senior UX/UI designer based out of our corporate office in Union NJ. This position is responsible for the architecture, design, and development of new websites user interface and user experience across Client' s enterprise.
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
• Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Facilitate the customers and product owner’ s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences.
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups.
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all phases of the product development lifecycle
• Incorporate best practices for accessibility, usability, web performance, and design into our products and ultimately champion a more consistent and delightful user experience.
• Experience with Angular.JS, SPServices, and jQuery UI, and knowing when to use them versus out of the box web parts
• Experience with modern client-side development and design tools like Gulp/Grunt or Bower
• Front-end design/development experience
• SharePoint Designer 2016 / O365 experience
• Ability to create, configure and update pages in SharePoint using Web Parts
• Ability to read and generate wireframes and story boards before diving in
• Ability to effectively organize and present large amounts of content to end users
• Ability to create designs that work well in mobile, using techniques like responsive web design
• A text editor, like Visual Studio, Notepad++, VIM
• Experience with SharePoint page editing and front end design/branding experience
• Experience with page prototyping with paper or mockup software
• Experience with customizing the SharePoint settings that define the look and feel of SharePoint sites
• Knowledge of information architecture
• Strong knowledge and understanding in Microsoft Office SharePoint online and Office 365.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelors degree in a corresponding field related to Computer Science or Design and minimum four (5) years of related experience
• Five or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
• 3+ years of experience employing an iterative, user-centric design process in UX design/interactive prototyping.
• 3+ years of experience taking input from multiple sources and synthesizing it into coherent design ideas.
• Experience defining interaction models, creating userflows, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes.
• Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
• Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
• Experience in roles that required demonstration of excellent communication skills (written, verbal, comprehension, and presentation).
• Plan, design, and conduct high quality user experience research throughout the product development process, including ethnographies, diary studies, competitive evaluations, iterative prototype studies, participatory design sessions, usability studies, benchmark studies, and similar methods
• Advocate for the end user by building consensus with designers and stakeholders to ensure that design and business goals are balanced with user needs.
• Ability to translate usability and research findings into design improvements
• Strong visual design skills: color, typography, layout, latest trends.
• Ability to communicate expected user experience elegantly through documentation, charts, graphics, and wireframes.
• Ability to rapid prototype creative concepts.
• Portfolio that represents a wide range of diverse projects with a focus on implementing pixel accurate UX solutions.
• Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge/experience with common SDLCs.
• Fluency in best practices for reusability and modularity (e.g. OOCSS, web components), UI frameworks / components, performant animations, browser differences, and CSS layouts
• Knowledge of Sketch and prototyping tools.
• 2+ years of experience with user testing survey software tools.
• Agile / Scrum SDLC
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.