Senior Technical Analyst- Retail IT
111 5th Ave, 10th Floor New York, NY 10011 | Direct Hire
The Senior Technical Analyst will partner with the retail and cross-functional business teams to evaluate the POS & MI9 merchandising systems and processes in order to identify improvement opportunities. S/he will work with both the internal IT teams and outside vendors to design, program, and test and implement modifications and improvements to existing system or new solutions. The analyst will help drive the success of systems projects, defined as being on time, on budget, and meeting requirements. The Senior Technical Analyst will hold the responsibilities regarding level 2/3 support for the POS and MI9 merchandising systems. The Sr. Technical Analyst will have deep technical experience across a multitude of disciplines in the retail domain.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Partner with various Retail business & accounting teams regarding processes in POS & MI9 Merchandising systems:
- Conduct business process analysis
- Create process documentation
- Design and propose improved process flows
- Communicate status of efforts (operational and project related) to business partners on a regular and timely basis.
- Partner with technical services IT team and outside vendors to implement solutions.
- Program, test and deliver solutions
- Technical lead on cross-functional project teams related to merchandising technology:
- Assist with project scoping, planning and scheduling
- Identify and propose resolution with a focus on timeliness
- Able to provide support for assigned system, including evening and week-end on call assignments
- Perform daily and periodic system administration functions to support assigned system
- Will be required to work off hours from time to time which means at times the work will required more than a 40 hour work week, weekend work will also apply at times.
- Must have 4+ years’ experience in Retail Industry
- Must have 3+ years’ experience with MI9 Merchandising System
- Must have 3+ years’ experience with Microstrategy BI
- Must have 2+ years’ experience in:
- Business processes analysis, mapping and improvement
- Business requirements gathering, documentation, and fit/gap analysis
- Software project management
- Must have strong technical knowledge related to retail system inventory and merchandising processes
- Must have advanced knowledge in Microsoft SQL and other relational databases
- Must have advanced knowledge in creation & modification of SQL scripts
- Must have shell scripting, or OS level scripting experience with Linux, Microsoft or the ability to learn these
- Must have experience developing EDI integrations
- Must have excellent analytical skills, understanding of project lifecycles, and the ability to act in a self-directed manner
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with operational business users up to the leadership levels of the company
- Must be a creative problem solver
- Must be highly self-motivated with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, partnering with individuals from various departments
- NCR Retail POS, RMS Retail POS, ANT Planning
- Experience with BI reporting concepts and tools (Tableau, SSRS) and data warehousing & mining
- Experience with Ecommerce platforms and processes and Omni-channel initiatives
- Experience in supply chain and inventory movement
- Experience in accounting functions
- Experience in designing integrations for retail systems
- Experience with Mulesoft
- Experience with C++, C#, Java scripting
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with various SFTP and other file transfer technologies
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related technical discipline, or 5 years of related experience
- Building trust & relationships
- Conflict management
- Risk management
- Action oriented
- Problem solving
- Continuous learning and professional development
- Cultural competence
- Stress tolerance
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.