Senior Staff Systems Engineer
333 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus, NJ 07094
The Sr. Staff Systems Engineer will work with our team to provide support for a wide range of IT systems and services including the corporate virtualization environment. As the Sr. Staff Systems Engineer you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing server applications. As a Sr. Staff Systems Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced environment and apply your technical knowledge to solve issues that will span multiple IT environments.
What You will Do
- Participate in projects and engineer new systems.
- Monitor performance of critical servers and applications.
- Manage the load configuration and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of hardware as well as the tuning of software
- Engage and manage 3rd-party vendors to achieve expedient resolution
- Create and maintain system documentation for specifications, designs, procedures, and logs.
- Document all processes, system changes/fixes, and issues.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of overall relevant experience.
- Advanced Knowledge of AD/DC architecture and support experience including: DFS replication, Storage Spaces Direct, Failover Clustering and KMS server
- Experience with system engineering on an enterprise-level, highly integrated, complex IT environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and support including but not limited to, Encryption, Microsoft Exchange Server on-prem platform upgrades, High Availability and performance improvements.
- Experience managing, installing, upgrading, and configuring complex virtual environments with High Availability in VMWare ESXi (vMotion, Storage vMotion, DRS, vSAN, vCenter, vSphere FT)
- Experience supporting enterprise storage solutions including but not limited to, vSANs, LUNs, NetApp, QNAP, NAS, Pure Storage, EMC.
- Experience with backup strategies and backup solutions including but not limited to, Veeam, Commvault
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and MFA solutions in terms of implementing and supporting these solutions (e.g. Okta, Ping identity, Azure)
- O365 administration and support which includes managing SharePoint, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Teams and related Microsoft technologies
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!