Senior Software Support Engineer
123 Tice Boulevard Suite 101 Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
Senior Software Support Engineer
Troubleshoot and resolve software issues ensuring customer satisfaction with every interaction. Our goal is to accurately close cases as expediently as possible while providing future documentation and step by step instructions for Tier 1 CSRs to ensure they can consistently support and close future instances of similar cases.
The Senior Software Support Engineer works with development team(s), implementation team(s), CSRs, and customers on an extensive basis during and post-implementation of our proprietary HW/SW solutions. S/he will document and communicate thoroughly with all impacted parties. This position has a high degree of complexity and ownership to resolve the hardware and software issues that may arise. This position is based in Woodcliff Lake, NJ but will require travel on request. Travel requirements will be associated with offsite software installations and upgrades.
- Primary responsibility to troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware issues. Case resolution must be accurate, timely, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage diagnosis and resolution of solution implementation and/or installation issues from initial roll out and over subsequent functional and maintenance hardware, firmware and software releases
- Coordinate closely with Business Relationship Managers to ensure timely communications during incidents, outages, and other service events
- Ensure day-to-day functionality of solutions in production
- Act as top-level escalation point on support issues for key clients to the development team.
This will include remote and onsite troubleshooting and management of resolution.
- Act as liaison for application and database issues between customers and developers.
- Apply existing knowledge of programming, databases, and operating systems to research and provide direction and/or resolution for application, database or technical problems as identified in a case.
- Work with level 3 product support to acquire product patches and new standard versions for delivery to customers.
- Provide software installation, bug fixes and system upgrades
- Provide courteous assistance and technical support to Customers via phone/email/web, to resolve issues related to the installation, functionality, and usage of our Products.
- Create and document detailed solutions and workarounds using CRM software to build a knowledge database that can be shared with T1, T2 CSRs.
- Meets established efficiency and effectiveness standards regarding customer service factors? Participate in 24 x 7 on call rotation for technical backup.
- Out of State Travel to client sites will be required (estimated 25%)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4-7 years of technical customer product support experience and operations ? Experience with SQL database, administration, and maintenance
- All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’ s License
- Demonstrable proficiency in each of the following:
- Technical Documentation of troubleshooting and problem resolution steps o Track and report quality assurance beta testing on our software and hardware for bugs and failures
- Understanding of programming languages and ability to write scripts (e.g. PowerShell
Scripts) o Experience with T-SQL scripting o Website management and deployment (IIS, FTP) o Experience with web service deployment and configuration o Experience with Windows store certificate management (SSL TLS1.2) o Experience with log management (syslog, Splunk, ELK, or similar tools) o Experience with TFS for managing work items and SF.com for managing customer cases o Remote Desktop Applications (RDP, Citrix, Go-Global)
- Basic knowledge of Remote Connection Software (Checkpoint, Cisco, PC-Anywhere) o Experience with general networking, a plus ((DNS, UDP/TCP, TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, PEAP, ARP) o Experienced with software installation and general desktop support issues for
Windows OS environment
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.