Senior Software Engineer, Accounting Systems
233 Spring St FL6 NY, NY 10013
See a senior Software Engineer to join a 60+ person Engineering team. You' ll be responsible for turning strategic ideas into integral systems and tools that power the business. The candidates must have a strong grasp of accounting, as well as being a strong developer
Our ideal candidate is an exceptional collaborator with the technical savvy to oversee the product lifecycle and keep code quality top of mind while improving our sales order processing, revenue recognition, and payment systems, as well as other money-related projects.
Must have 5+ years of professional programming experience, including time at a rapidly growing technology organization.
You will be responsible for the design, development, and deployment of innovative solutions to problems affecting all financial systems
• Provide technical leadership and propose new technologies that will advance and evolve our product
• Partner with key stakeholders to define a technical roadmap, propose improvements, and architect solutions that support business needs
• Develop automation tools for measuring proper financial behavior of systems
• Engage in code reviews and help maintain high standards of code quality • Deliver limited-defect products through ubiquitous test automation
• Collaborate with other Technology team members and leaders to refine best practices and processes
A strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals, like data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Java, or C++) • Knowledgeable about modern relational databases, such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL
• A quick learner with a can-do attitude • Well-versed in financial or sales systems (e.g., payments, transaction processing)
• Steeped in finance and accounting concepts and principles
• Experienced in Agile development and continuous delivery
• An eloquent and empathetic communicator (both online and in person!)
• Not on the Office of Inspector General' s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
• Experience with AWS
• A working knowledge of Linux or other UNIX systems • Experience with business systems pertaining to supply chain, merchandising, material handling, product lifecycle, and purchase order, and/or modules for enterprise resource planning systems
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!