Senior Reliability Engineer
233 Spring St FL6 NY, NY 10013
My client is seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer to join their 60+ person in-house Engineering department.
In this position, you’ ll support a super-collaborative team responsible for building and operating cloud infrastructure to deliver maximum performance at scale.
You’ ll be given free reign to dive deep into production architecture, helping to bring more speed, efficiency, and automation to their systems. As well as drive continuous improvement that will impact the success of the entire organization.
- Building cloud infrastructure, managing the production environment, and participating in an on-call rotation
- Deliver high-performance, high-scalability solutions that enable the business to move faster
- Lead or support one of our Agile teams, learning anything and everything necessary to deliver best-in-class cloud infrastructure
- Participate in code and architecture reviews to help maintain high standards of quality
- Work with other Technology teams and leaders within our company to refine best practices and processes
- Mentor other Engineers on our team
- At least 5 years of professional programming experience, including time at a rapidly growing e-commerce or technology organization
- A track record of building large, complex, and highly maintainable systems
- Familiar with building and operating production software in the cloud at scale using Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure, or a similar provider
- Knowledgeable about modern relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Equipped with a solid understanding of Linux or other UNIX-like systems
- Steeped in modern systems design (you know the ins and outs of networking, DNS, CDNs, and distributed systems)
- An excellent troubleshooter and debugger
- Experienced in Agile development and Continuous Delivery
- A flexible, open-minded developer who’ s able and eager to learn new domains quickly
Nice to haves;
- Strong knowledge of AWS, as well as infrastructure management platforms like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, or Terraform
- Experience with the Site Reliability Engineering philosophy pioneered by Google
- Web application development experience
Senior Technical Recruiter
Dynamic and results-oriented, Nyree has a proven track record in technical recruiting. She possess a strong understanding of technical requirements; exceptional ability to source passive candidates as well as effectively assess suitability for opportunities on hand. Along with being resourceful and solutions-focused, Nyree’s innate ability to build fruitful relationships has brought her success across many industries.