Senior Product Manager SaaS
2 Park Avenue 15th floor New York, NY 10001 | Direct Hire
New York, New York
As a Senior Product Manager, you will join a growing team at the heart of product development, where you will design and collaborate to deliver winning capabilities empowering marketers to connect organically with their consumers.
You will be responsible for connecting the dots by talking to customers, learning the market, collaborating with executives and peers and communicating with a development team. In addition, you will be responsible for generating ideas and drawing ideas out of others by seeking agreements to build great products. You will gather feedback, own and prioritize your backlog, define the requirements and ensure that everything necessary for the release of product and features is delivered on time. You will drive for constant collaboration to build the business and ensures alignment between product and other parts of the business. You will need to manage change when it occurs and remain flexible throughout to ensure that you and your team meet your key objectives.
• Manage the iterative lifecycle of the product from market requirements to product release and adoption including: concept, scope, specifications, prioritization, design, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance.
• Be the voice of the customer, inside product development teams. Actively develop relationship, understand their business goals and pain points and communicate your in-depth customer’ s knowledge
• Work closely with other Product Managers, User Experience and design and developers to define the Product Vision, Roadmap and Release Plan.
• Be the champion of the product internally and externally, pushing for rapid adoption by defining clear goals and KPIs around customer value and drive strategies to achieve them.
• Collaborate with product marketing, customer success, partners and customers to define and execute on go-to-market activities, ensure user adoption and identify and measure customer utility
• Define and prioritize the product backlog translating high-level requirements into user stories and review implementation.
• Initialize market research studies and analyze findings
• Analyze quantitative data to determine which plans are most successful and identify new product opportunities
• Function as the Product Owner for a cross-functional Agile Scrum development team - managing the entire feature and product life cycle from planning through development and launch.
• 5+ years product management experience in Marketing automation application or eCommerce or other business application, preferably within Enterprise SaaS
• Successful history of delivering high quality, customer-driven products designed to create a great customer experience
• Prior successful collaboration and/or leadership within cross-functional engineering teams.
• Comfortable with Data-Driven Development: Study and analyze product metrics at a large scale to determine opportunities for optimization and improved product performance
• Technical university degree, e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar; MBA a plus
• Software development experience is highly desirable.
• A keen interest in technology and new technology trends.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Detail oriented.
• A self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to bring out this quality in others.
• Able to set clear and deliverable goals. Demonstrate tenacity, commitment to deliver and be accountable for results.
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Able to easily context switch activities
• Available for travel to customers and events (10% time).
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!