Senior Product Manager, SRE
NY, NY 10001
Based in NYC, our awesome client, who is online retailer and philanthropist, is seeking a Senior Product Manager, with experience in SRE, Python and a Software Engineering background to help oversee the strategy, roadmaps, and business outcomes for our clients Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team.
In this highly collaborative role, you' ll support a group of in-house Engineers responsible for the reliability, quality, and performance of applications.
You' ll also drive the adoption of best practices throughout the Technology department. Your work will be fast-paced, self-directed, agile, and data-driven.
You be responsible for
- Managing the team responsible for the reliability, quality, and performance of business applications
- Migrate the SRE team toward owning the infrastructure platform and providing SRE oversight of other Product Teams
- Determine the overall SRE strategy
- Scope new internal features and products, working across teams to gather requirements, write business cases, track progress, and deliver value in an agile manner
- Help maintain and internally publicize product documentation to promote self-service
- Identify top-priority metrics and targets for the team to impact
- Create and communicate roadmaps based on business objectives and metrics
- Ensure stakeholders are informed about progress and decisions regarding each product
- Run demos and meetings with stakeholders and functionality consumers
- Maintain a highly engaged, energized, and efficient team
- Own and manage the SRE budget, including vendor expenses
- Backed by 5– 7 years of product management experience
- Confident managing technical products, such as shared cloud infrastructure, APIs, vendor integrations, and developer tools and services in highly available environments
- An Agile practitioner who’ s well-versed in various project management methodologies
- Equipped with a technical mindset, empathy for users, systems thinking, and an eye for good design— all of which help you create and deliver exceptional products
- A naturally curious person who dives into any available information to better understand the task at hand
- A skilled written and verbal communicator who can explain complex topics in clear, compelling ways
- Equipped with strong analytical reasoning skills and experience analyzing scenarios quantitatively
- Able to measure the business impact of systems you' ve helped develop
- Ready to make tough decisions when needed
- Comfortable being both a team player and a leader while contributing to a variety of projects
- Driven by a desire to help others
- Experience with e-commerce and/or retail businesses
- A degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related field
- AWS experience an Python experience a super PLUS
Managing Director, Business Transformation & IT
Sheri first joined The Connors Group in 2002. Her genuine commitment to finding the best outcomes for her clients and candidates has resulted in establishing long term, trust-based partnerships. Sheri believes that above all, clients value results and responsiveness in any partner. A high level of service is always required in recruiting, and asking the right questions about an opportunity helps ensure talent is functionally capable and culturally aligned to their needs.
Candidates value that Sheri always takes the time to understand their career goals… because an opportunity represents more than just a job description. Additionally, candidates are always very appreciative of constant follow up and updates to encourage them through the application process. Maintaining two-way communication for interview management and post-hire follow up; she believes it’s always important to empower others through honest feedback.
Making her clients happy is the most rewarding part of the job! Working with an organization to fill their “top spot” and leveraging her consulting expertise in building out their team… This is a scenario that’s occurred multiple times and something she is certainly proud of in her career. She also loves that she has effectively established and maintained her network. Managing to build relationships over the decades and watch individuals grow in their careers – these are accomplishments that have been incredibly rewarding!
Career goals include continuing to learn and grow, build new client relationships, and develop new practice areas. To be positioned in the market as the go-to person for hiring needs in technology, digital, and business transformation - always both from a consulting and full-time standpoint! Outside of work, Sheri loves to travel! Art, theatre, film, jazz, palates, hiking, cycling, and Star Trek (yes – she’s a Trekkie!) are all interests! A favorite quote – “Nobody ever died wishing they spent more time at the office!”