Senior Network Specialist
Cumberland Center, 3100 Cumberland Boulevard Suite 600 Atlanta, GA 30339
Our Atlanta-based Client is ready to hire a Senior Network Specialist/Architect to join the IT Security and Network team to take part in their continuing effort to provide excellent service to their customers. The company is a well established and highly successful organization with a portfolio of products helping to make our every day lives just a bit better, and conserving our environment as well.
The corporate culture is very collaborative with many long term employees who really love where they work! great benefits as well.
What they need a well-rounded, hands-on candidate with a diverse range of experience/skills that focus on researching and implementing network and security solutions, and related best practices.
This position is extremely dynamic and will require a consummate professional who can grasp the complexities and embrace challenges associated with working in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to work as part of a team or independently under minimal direction. A key component to this role includes interfacing with teams outside of the IT Infrastructure group to gather requirements, collaborate on developing alternatives and effectively promoting initiatives throughout multiple levels within the organization.
- Provides analysis and recommendations for the evolution and enhancement of the enterprise network infrastructure and security architecture
- Performs research and development into emerging technologies and use cases. Presents findings in a professional manner.
- Partners with Business clients and Technical peers to design and deliver new IT capabilities
- Performs proactive capacity planning exercises to ensure networks, systems and services are optimized for business demands
Assists in managing operational service delivery through Service Providers and junior staff including but not limited to:
- Proactive management of operations services via metrics and SLAs
- Assessing incidents, assigning severity to an incident and prioritizing the responses to incidents. Provide status updates to end-users and management about problems and requests
- Leads and participates in post mortem analysis to mitigate and/or eliminate future
- Maintains IT network operations consistent with industry best practice, laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Users in assigned areas as well as service delivery partners and be responsible to develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures, customer service guidelines and best practices
- Partners with IT peers such as Applications administrators, Systems administrators, etc. on new initiatives and ongoing execution
- Monitor, evaluate, respond, and report on security threats and assist in annual testing of contingency/? disaster recovery plans
WAN Technical Skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to understand high-level network design and impacts across the infrastructure relating to underlying hardware and software.
- Knowledge of network security best practices with hands on experience configuring Firewall Rules, IDS/? IPS, TACACS, and ACLs (example: Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, and Fortinet).
- Experience with Network Analysis Sniffer tools.
- Install, administer, implement and maintain LAN hardware and software nfrastructure
- Monitor bandwidth usage utilizing available tools
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols, including OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2, and BGP.
- Experience working in corporate network environments with WAN technologies such as Firewalls,
Switches, Proxy, VPN SSL, VLAN, SD- WAN and MPLS Networks
- Work with outsourced technology service providers to provision new data and voice circuits
- Ability to tailor communication style to a diverse audience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational - Ability to plan and effectively organize workload by setting and/or clarifying priorities and expectations ensuring that deadlines are met
- Ability to collaborate with others and seek assistance from other team members, as needed
- Monitor project progress and provide status to management and project teams
- Assist in vendor selection
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strong documentation skills
- Works closely with onsite technical teams and 3 rd party providers to recognize and report root cause analysis of incidents reported to the client services
- Ability to identify relevant facts and issues underlying problems
- Ability to identify information required to clarify situations, complete assignments or make decisions
- Ability to critically evaluate data sources for reliability
- Respond quickly to manager requests for ad hoc quality reviews and reports
- Responsible for the resolution and recovery of complex issues and/or requests. Analyzes more moderate to complex issues to identify remediation actions to be taken.
Troubleshoot/analyze systems and data for faults, capacity issues, and performance degradation; remediate as required
- Takes actions to resolve issues to the Business, escalating the process as necessary per established escalation policies. Acts as the point of contact and escalation for support groups and internal businesses during recovery of major issues or requests.
- Collects and analyzes data (evidence, test results, performance data, issue reports, policies, financial, etc...) in order to identify and correct underlying issues, or escalate unrecognized symptoms or systemic problems. Determines sufficiency of controls, processes and/or workflow(s)
The ability to research, scope, and recommend new technology solutions to management
- Verify accuracy and reliability of data provided by the company
- Identify and implement applicable best practices and ensure consistent, standard execution of operational activities,
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP)/Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Maintain network infrastructure documentation including disaster recovery plan and failover protocol
- Coordinate DR solutions with outsourced technology service providers
- Support management to develop/review BCP/ DR plans yearly and as needed
Security Technical Skills
- Manage firewall and router changes
- Install and maintain SSL certificates, domain names and their corresponding renewals
- Install, administer and maintain network-monitoring tools
- Respond to monitoring system alerts
- Work directly with dedicated application hosting support team on technical issues and attend recurring status calls with application hosting support teams
- Manage application hosting firewall changes
Educate employees on policies, procedures and best practices for both IT and physical security and determine the causes of security violations and suggest procedures to reduce or mitigate future incidents and testing existing systems and protocols to help identify new areas of risk and/or exposure.
Minimum of 10 years related experience or Bachelor’ s degree Required
CISSP or CCNP preferred
Certifications from ISC2, ISACA, CompTIA, and GIAC preferred
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!