Senior Manager of Performance Marketing
711 5th Avenue NY, NY 10022
The Senior Manager of Performance Marketing supports the omni-channel business. Reporting directly to the Director of Digital, this individual will be a key contributor to the success of the growing ecommerce platform.
This position will be responsible for managing all performance marketing and paid social media. The ideal candidate is someone who can develop and articulate a strategy for paid marketing efforts, execute against that strategy, and effectively share program results. While working in a matrixed environment, the individual must be comfortable managing the performance media budget, including allocating the budget across channels and between acquisition, retention and branding efforts in close partnership with brand marketing manager. The individual must be analytical, self-starting and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities, with a strong desire to take on more responsibility as the company continues to grow.
- Manage Performance Marketing Channels including: Paid Search, Performance Display (remarketing, prospecting), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as well as Paid Social (Facebook, IG, etc.) and Email Marketing in partnership with Brand Marketing and CRM.
- Create and maintain key performance indicator goals for each digital marketing channel, track results to goal and share results with brand team and senior management. Pay attention what’ s going out to email, collab with marketing team
- Optimize and manage to budget and ROI goals for each digital marketing channel.
- Manage 3rd party partners, vendors and agencies (i.e. Dentsu, search, affiliate, display vendors, Google, etc.) in collaboration with global and regional marketing and e-commerce teams – experience in agency relationships, can drive results and hold them accountable
- Liaise with 3rd parties on day-to-day execution of all digital marketing programs including budget updates, creative/copy updates, promotional updates, A/B testing, etc.
- Own and track monthly budgets and invoice remittance related to digital marketing efforts Maintain and enforce the company brand standards
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends by reading, attending seminars and conferences and networking
- Independently adhere to project calendar, manage time and prioritize daily workload.
Skills and abilities required
- Familiar within wholesale business
- Understand of print and digital marketing
- 20% travel
- Must have vaild driver’ s license
Education and Experience Required
- 7-8 years of experience in Digital Advertising/Marketing and/or e-Commerce – agency experience preferred
- Experience managing and working with 3rd party digital marketing partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present information succinctly to brand team and senior management
- Strong analytical skills, with proficiency in Excel and the ability to understand and interpret numerous key performance indicators, especially working with Google Analytics or other site analytics platforms
- Ability to present solid recommendations and take a stance and position on key digital marketing strategies
- Strategic knowledge of brand building and identity
- Positive, collaborative, hands-on and energetic attitude
- Keen eye for details, organization and critical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’ s Degree Required
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!