Senior Manager, eCommerce Operations
285 Madison Ave, Suite 1200 New Yor, NY 10017
The Senior Manager of e-Commerce will be responsible for managing the brand properties with a focus on driving dramatic revenue growth via eCommerce sales, marketing, technology and operation optimizations. We are looking for an experienced leader, with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, manage and thrive within a high-growth, fast paced eCommerce skincare business. This role reports into the Director of eCommerce.
- Setting the strategy, performance and revenue goals for brand properties including branded micro sites. Includes eCommerce platform, web development, integrations, personalization and testing, mobile/desktop UX, and analytics.
- Define eCommerce optimization goals, scope, and timelines, and determines implementation options. Sets the optimization roadmap and oversees third party resources/vendors for web development and digital projects and ongoing website maintenance for bug fixes and new development tasks. Leads any new vendor selection/RFP and negotiation process while evaluating current partner performance.
- Develop and procure eCommerce marketing technology and third-party solutions to increase traffic, customer acquisition & loyalty, conversion, customer experience, and website optimization.
- Monitor daily sales, create and share reporting eCommerce activity, focusing on important KPIs such as UPT, AOV, LTV, Reviews, User Experience, Loyalty and Site Speed.
- Develop and drive a robust personalization roadmap and A/B multivariate testing strategy to ultimately increase conversion rate and customer acquisition.
- Create and oversee the eCommerce promotion strategy including special offers, gifts with purchases, and sampling. Measure and report on KPIs and overall profitability.
- Coordinates with digital marketing to support key brand focuses, key products, themes & campaigns throughout the year, supporting companywide initiatives and brand values.
- Understands and provides SEO recommendations on all web development projects and campaign are being built to drive organic search traffic to website and brand owned blog.
- Support international eCommerce needs including brand site expansion and eCommerce guidance as needed in distributor led markets.
- Collaborate with Creative Team (UX/UI) to improve user experience and create ongoing UX/UI enhancements.
- Conduct competitive eCommerce research and monitor competitive brand activity, review digital touch points, propose action plans and identify opportunities for sales growth whilst staying abreast of beauty industry trends and emerging eCommerce technologies.
- Perform regular audits of website to discover bugs and review site content to ensure accuracy, timeliness and relevancy.
- Mentor and manage direct report(s) including eCommerce, Technology and Operations role.
QUALIFICATIONS / CAPABILITIES NEEDED
- Bachelor’ s Degree in related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in eCommerce.
- Highly proficient in managing enterprise level eCommerce platforms and leading third-party support applications.
- Thorough understanding of end-to-end eCommerce processes inclusive of website infrastructure, content management and customer-facing functionality.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills.
- Ability to take analytical insights and convert into actionable results.
- Capable of multitasking and effectively applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve issues.
- Experience in Shopify (and Headless Shopify) a PLUS
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!