Senior Manager, Merchandise Planning and Business Process -
new york city, NY 10001
The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager, Retail Business Process - Merchandise Planning is to drive the advancement of our Client' s end to end Merchandise Planning business processes which covers Merchandise financial planning (sales, margins, inventory, OTB), assortment planning & buying, and inventory allocation. Client seeks to build out further capabilities of JDA - so having prior experience with JDA, especially as a Super User - is a big plus!
This role has a significant leadership (influence) impact on building, enabling and advancing the Merchandise Planning processes & capabilities across corporate brands and business units. It requires a strong ability to influence at multiple levels across the organization. Strong Change Management and relationship Management skills are required.
This position will actively partner with business and IT in the roll-out of the Merchandise Planning business transformation projects. This position will guide and govern the Merchandise planning processes & capabilities ensuring alignment with business strategies/requirements, lead development and delivery of training, facilitate user acceptance testing and implementation, enable business transformation and end user adoption, and drive on-going continuous improvement & best practice sharing across the business units.
- Operate in a leadership capacity within the Merchandise Planning work stream of the End to End Planning transformation initiative
- Drive the design, development, implementation and ongoing continuous improvement of the Merchandise planning process, tools, training, and metric capabilities across business units
- Contribute as a Merchandise Planning Thought Leader & Subject Matter Expert SME with strong working knowledge of merchandise and assortment planning business processes, leading practices, & tool (i.e. JDA or other) capabilities
- Liaison cross-functionally on integration of Merchandise Planning processes with other Client processes and initiatives including demand, inventory, & supply planning, as well as IBP (Integrated Business Planning)
- Partner with IT in the implementation and further enablement of JDA or other Merchandise Planning capabilities with focus on leading and facilitating key business activities including business requirements, capability design reviews, data validation, user acceptance testing, education & training, business readiness/adoption, and post implementation support
- Oversee development of project plans, timelines, & resourcing for business enablement activities to support the Merchandise Planning roll-outs
- Spearhead “ as is” discovery of current state Merchandise Planning processes to understand business requirements & improvement opportunities with delivery of new capabilities
- Drive and facilitate current vs. future state assessments to assist business units with understanding of “ from/to” change impacts
- Partner with business & Change Management to develop & support execution of change readiness action plans to ensure successful adoption
- Training: Lead the development of Merchandise Planning business process training playbooks, how-to guides, and procedure documentation
- Coach, guide, & mentor Merchandise Planning leaders, power users, & planners in application of Merchandise planning leading practices & optimizing use of JDA and/or other tool capabilities
- Guide business units on development of top-down, middle out, bottoms up category/product/channel plans, pricing & promotion management, store grading & clustering, optimization of assortment plans, inventory allocation policies, etc. to optimize plan outputs and process performance
- Facilitate delivery of Merchandise Planning “ day in the life” training to Merchandise planning leaders, power users, & planners and implement pre and post go-live evaluations to identify risks and drive training/adoption corrective actions
- Establish standardized Merchandise Planning KPIs & metrics and contribute to the design and development of Merchandise Planning data warehouse & analytical tools
- Monitor Merchandise Planning process performance & tool adoption with objective of diagnosing issues & identifying improvement actions.
- Lead and facilitate cross business unit forums to exchange of Merchandise Planning best practices, transfer knowledge, share adoption successes and learning, and drive continuous improvement opportunities
- Oversee governance, prioritization, and management of enhancement requests across business units related to Merchandise Planning continuous improvements
- Stay apprised of latest process and technology capabilities that can be applied to Client' s Merchandise Planning processes
- Minimum 7 years Retail and/or Wholesale Merchandise Planning operational and/or consulting experience
- Apparel or consumer products company experience preferred, especially a fast-moving, multi-channel consumer goods business
- Minimum 2 years supervisory role/experience managing a team
- 5+ year’ s experience with a leading retail assortment management (RAMA) applications including Enterprise Planning, Assortment Planning, & Allocations. JDA strongly desired but not required. Ideally involved in the design, implementation, and training or expert user. Experience with ERP and/or BI reporting tools a plus.
- Experience managing a team and driving process improvements
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, or Fashion & Textile Merchandising.
- Fully conversant in Merchandise Planning concepts, leading practice business processes and techniques, and retail assortment management (RAMA) system (JDA preferred) functional capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing a business transformation initiative, process and system implementation project, and cross-functional teams
- Effective communication, collaboration, facilitation, and influencing skills with ability to interface across functional areas and at all levels of the organization
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making and continuous improvement
- Strong financial/business acumen along with proficiency in & ability to train retail math
- Proven ability to develop teams and educate and train others in new ways of doing business
- Solid project management skills for planning, resourcing, monitoring project and improvement initiatives
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!