Senior Manager, Direct Response
285 Madison Ave, Suite 1200 New York, NY 10017
Senior Manager, Direct Response
The company, a leading independent beauty company, is hiring a Senior Manager, Direct Response Manager.
The Senior Manager, Direct Response Manager is responsible for developing and implementing targeted direct response marketing strategies to support business line growth objectives.
This positions primary role is to assist in the development and project management of day-to-day marketing campaigns focused primarily on Faccebook Paid Social Advertising, Direct Mail and Email as well as managing internal stakeholder relationships.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Gathers requirements for campaigns and manages day to day relationships with business partners.
• Assist in development and management of media campaigns, offers and plans.
• Reviews and edits marketing materials and coordinates editing process with internal and external partners.
• Manage day-to-day direct response channel needs.
• Assists in development/writing of campaign brief and working with internal Direct/Creative team to develop tactical executions.
• Assists with project management of Direct Response Marketing campaigns and contributes to improvements in project management methodologies and processes.
• Provides recommendations to management on important issues of assigned projects.
• Analyze results and develop test and learn strategies for recommendation to the Direct leadership team.
• Select appropriate target audience for each campaign in conjunction with digital media agency.
Key Elements for Success & Education
• 7+ years of experience in Direct response marketing preferred.
• Proven ability to develop and implement multi-faceted direct response marketing campaigns from focused strategies with a strong focus on paid social.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
• Experienced in direct response campaign planning and in writing marketing briefs.
• Knowledge of test and learn methods for optimizing direct response marketing efforts.
• Experienced in developing and managing media plans and campaign offers.
• Direct sales and/or direct marketing knowledge of skincare/beauty industry.
• Experience with short and long-form DR-TV and DR-Radio a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Proven self-starter with strong ability to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of Direct Response Marketing principles, Consumer behavior.
• Ability to manage projects and implement multi-faceted direct response marketing campaigns.
• Problem solving skills.
• Proficient in the use of the entire MS Office Suite.
• Ability to produce PowerPoint presentations.
• Must be able to successfully manage multiple priorities, develop project timelines, and attention to detail.
• Ability to learn new material quickly and excellent business organization skills.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Advertising or other related field preferred.
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!