Senior Front-End Developer, E-commerce
295 Lafayette Street, 5th Floor NY, NY 10005
My NYC based client is searching for a well-rounded Senior Front-End Developer to join their Engineering team, this role is focusing on growing their business by building a best-in-class e-commerce experience.
You will be doing a deep dive into their component-based front-end architecture, whether you’ re launching A/B tests to optimize user experience and increase conversion, or developing the foundations for brand-new parts of their business.
- Work closely within a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and analysts to develop high-quality technical solutions to customer and business problems
- Develop new and existing software systems to the highest technical, quality, and accountability standards, all while considering secondary concerns like security, performance, maintainability, adaptability, and simplicity
- Use and promote successful software management and technical workflow practices that shorten feedback loops between the Tech team and others
- Serve as a technical gatekeeper to advocate for user experience and empathetic design
- Discover ways to validate and measure the impact your work has on customers
- 4 or more years of experience building complex consumer-facing front-end applications
- Familiar with using one or more modern client-side frameworks (e.g., React, Vue, Angular, Ember) in a professional setting
- Backed by a wealth of experience to draw from when building and deploying performance web applications at scale
- Passionate about what makes a great user experience and knowledgeable about the technical specifics it takes to build one
- A clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator
- Eager to be involved in all stages of the product development lifecycle, from concept through deployment
- Successful in an agile work environment, breaking down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Expertise in one or more of their core technologies: React, Python, Node, Webpack, TypeScript
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other engineers
- Experience in A/B testing and personalization, and the underlying infrastructure that supports them
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!