Senior Director,Ecommerce & Digital Development North America
One Park Ave New York, NY 10016
a fast-growing, leading Beauty Company, we’ re also a committed, family-owned enterprise with a fiercely independent and pioneering spirit. As one of the top skin care companies worldwide, with a strong position in Europe and the Americas and growth accelerating in Asia, we’ re looking for a Senior Director, Ecommerce & Digital Development North America, based in New York City, New York.
You will develop, plan and execute the regional online business strategy of our brand sites in line with countries to achieve the goals set for a sustainable development and participate in the digitalization/omnichannel development of the region.
What you’ ll do:
By fulfilling the main mission of this role, you will contribute to all of the 5 pillars of strategy: people-centric, brand-builder, consumer-obsessed, digitally minded, and committed to responsible beauty.
- Lead online acceleration strategy in North America
- Provide regional strategic plan including budget, key milestones in terms of projects, marketing investments, structure to achieve ambitious growth on clarins.com in the coming years
- Manage 3 ecommerce sites in 4 languages in 3 markets
- Achieve/Exceed online net sales and operating profit goals for the US, Canada and Mexico
- Full P&L responsibility for Ecommerce distribution channel in North America
- Curious, with the desire to learn constantly
- Analytical and have strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and succeed in motivating a team
- Genuinely looking forward to new challenges
- A Bachelor’ s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ experience in the management of an online business; experience in Beauty preferred
- Must have a proven track record in running a successful ecommerce business that demonstrated significant year over year growth
- Strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P&L management, online merchandising and marketing, and vendor selection and management
- Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Self-motivated, resourceful, results oriented
- Entrepreneurial risk mindset and excellent leadership skills
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to foster relationships with cross-functional partners and across all levels
- Proven exceptional ability in business/management, organizational skills, communication
- Ability to manage broad workload, prioritize and manage multiple projects with a high level of detail
- Must be able to translate offline brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision
- Must have the ability to think strategically and must have superior executional skills
- Proven ability to develop strategic goals, drive and achieve sales and profit goals
- Appropriate mix between brand sensitiveness, values and ROI
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Requires strong problem-solving capabilities in a fast paced and high-growth environment and the ability to work independently
- Strong presentation and communication skills, strength of conviction
- Proven experience in managing and developing a team
- Standout brands
- Distinctive, high-quality products and services
- A longstanding commitment to social, economic and ecological initiatives
- Growth opportunities
- Learning & Development
- An attractive compensation and benefits package
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!