Senior Digital Data Engineer
New york, NY 10010
Seeking a Digital Data Engineer for 100% Remote position in the US. Must be a Citizen or Green Card Holder able to work directly as a W2 employee
The Digital Data Engineer will be using Customer Data to solve critical business needs. You will work as a part of fast-paced product engineering team to map and optimize customer data flows, and solve data issues across Marketing, CRM and other data platforms.
The Senior Data Engineer (Customer Data) will be responsible for the managing and optimizing the data flows and data mappings between the different global customer data platforms at Client including Customer Data Platform (CDP), Marketing Systems, CRM Systems, other backend systems and various data integrations tools.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of software and data engineering experience with focus on designing and developing with Customer Data technologies and platforms, Databases, and large-scale data processing systems
- 3-5 years of working with customer data flows and mappings across Customer Data Platform (CDP), Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Salesforce Service Cloud (SFCC), Mulesoft APIs, ETL tools etc.
- 3-5 years of technical design and development experience with data development languages like SQL, Python, R, SQL etc.
- Experience with running complex queries to triage issues across different data platforms
- Experience with data analytics
- Experience with improving data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) with product/sprint backlog, story point estimation
- Demonstrate ability to mentor other team members
- Big Data technology experiences a plus
- Data flow and mapping experience across Customer Data Platform (CDP), Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Salesforce Service Cloud (SFCC)
- Data flows using Mulesoft APIs, JSON
- ETL tools/technologies, Databases
- SQL, Python, R, Scala
- Scrum/Agile practical experience
- Experience with Snowflake, other cloud data warehouses
- Experience working with Loyalty, Digital Commerce, POS data
- Experience with Big Data technologies and tools
- Implementing and leveraging Atlassian tool suite (or other Agile management tool suite) for defect management, issues management, code check-in and deployment, and collaboration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Understand, document and optimize the customer data flows between the Customer Data platform (CDP), Marketing systems, CRM systems, other backend systems like Digital Commerce and various data integration tools (ETL, JSON, APIs, Mulesoft, etc.)
- Perform hands-on data mapping throughout the Customer data ecosystem listed above
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architectures
- Design, develop and execute complex queries to triage data mapping and quality issues in multiple languages (SQL, SoQL, etc.)
- Design and develop using various data languages like Python, R, Scala etc.
- Should be very familiar with data and how it drives analytics and insights
- Establish data policies, standards, and procedures to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Document technical designs and other required documentation updates
- Work with Product Engineering team Scrum Master and Engineering Manager in the prioritization and planning of work
- Participate in various team meetings and cross team collaboration activities
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!