Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
90 Matawan Rd Matawan, NJ 07747 | Direct Hire
Seeking a talented Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, to join our Corporate Information Services Team. The primary role of the Senior Cybersecurity Engineer is to help develop, plan and execute the organization’ s information security strategy.
- Develop a robust security strategy, standards, best practices, and manage the implementation of these across the organization.
- Recommend enhancements, improvements, and additional investments, to our security strategy and protocols as required.
- Identify, purchase, and install software and hardware tools to protect the enterprise.
- Establish strong business relationships with key 3rd party vendors and partners in the areas of threat identification and prevention, detection, and forensics.
- Attend key security conferences to keep current on security threats, vulnerabilities, trends, and prevention capabilities.
- Educate our associate-base on information security through awareness and training campaigns.
- Develop security response plans covering several different breach scenarios.
- Continue to develop, refine, and monitor our security preparedness methodology, and present key security updates to Executive Leadership and Board of Directors as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vulnerability Assessments: Conducts periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability. Conduct penetration testing, simulating an attack on the system to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
- Implement Security Tools: Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect the organizations’ sensitive information. Assist computer users with installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
- Monitoring and Incident Response: Monitor the company networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Install software that helps to notify them of intrusions and watch out for irregular system behavior. Leads incident response activities to minimize the impact. Lead a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage. Prepare reports of their findings to be reported to management.
- Protecting Company Assets: Participates in the design and implementation of technology solutions taking into account industry security best practices while insuring consistency in implementing company security practices. Creates, updates and maintains security procedures and guidelines. Develops information protection strategies, architectures and implementation plans. Provides 24 x 7 support as needed to address security related concerns.
- Vendor Partnership: Leverage vendor support services to maximize productivity and service levels with existing hardware, software and managed services, Establish and foster relationships with vendor staff members. Attend conferences/training as feasible.
- Compliance: Comply with all regulatory, Legal and Human Resources mandates. Provide feedback/evidence as requested during CSA and SOX testing.
- Supervisory: May be expected to mentor a less senior staff member. May lead a project consisting of a matrix team. Ability to engage external service providers with management approval.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering (relevant concentration preferred) with 5-10 years of experience; or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS, with 3-5 years of experience.
Minimal travel required to business units, based on project requirements.
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.